These vegan small batch cookie bars are super easy to make with very little clean up because they are made in just one bowl! YAY! Vegan made with flax meal and loaded with dark chocolate chips, this small batch recipe is sure to become a new favorite.
what you need to make yourself these vegan small batch cookie bars
Lately I’ve been turning to small batch and single serve desserts. What I love about this small batch recipe is not only that it’s made in one bowl, but the batch is small enough to keep for yourself or easily share with your quarantine buddy.
So here’ s what you need to make these amazing cookie bars…
- flax meal
- vegan butter
- brown sugar
- cane sugar
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour or gluten free flour will also work (1:1 blend)
- baking soda
- dark chocolate chips, vegan
- dark chocolate, chopped
can’t get enough small batch recipes?
I hear ya! These small batch cookie bars are quickly becoming one of my favorites and if you like this recipe then you will love some of these small batch recipes…
Here is the complete list of healthy dessert recipes on this site – enjoy!
Subscribe to get the free eBook now!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a muffin and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Vegan Small Batch Cookie Bars
- 1/2 tbsp ground flax
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purose flour gluten free all purpose flour will also work (Tested with Outrageous Baking)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
- flaky sea salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a loaf pan (7 1/2 x 3 1/2") with non-stick spray and parchment paper for easy removal.
- Place the flax and water into a small bowl and mix until combined. Set it aside to gel for about 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, place the butter, brown sugar and cane sugar into a medium sized mixing bowl and then cream them together using a handheld mixer for about 1-2 minutes. Add in the flax mixture and vanilla extract until combined. Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt until the dough comes together. Fold in the chocolate.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and bake it for 22-25 minutes. The edges will start to become golden brown. The center will look less done and that's ok, it will set as it cools.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Let the bars cool for 20 minutes before cutting into 4 triangles and serving.