These gluten-free Chocolate Chunk Strawberry Energy Bites make a perfect on the go snack, breakfast or even dessert. Packed with whole grain oats, freeze dried strawberries, cashew butter and chocolate chips–this no fail recipe is the ultimate satisfying no-bake treat!
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY ENERGY BITES
One of my favorite things about this recipe is how versatile it can be! Choose your favorite nut butter (as long as it’s all natural and drippy) to make it your own. You can even add nuts or different freeze dried fruit!
Contrary to my blog name, I prefer cashew butter most of the time so that’s exactly what I used in this recipe but I’ve tried it with peanut butter and almond butter and honestly you can’t go wrong with any of them.
Perfect for meal prepping or snack prepping, these energy bites will last up to a week in the refrigerator. Easily cut this recipe in half to make just 10 energy bites.
Here’s what you need to make this recipe:
- cashew butter or nut butter of choice all natural (drippy kind)
- maple syrup
- old fashion gluten-free oats
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- chia seeds
- vegan chocolate chips
- freeze dried strawberries crushed
Can’t get enough summer recipes? I hear ya! Check out some of my favorite perfect for summer recipes on the blog:
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a strawberry energy bite (or two) and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Chocolate Chip Strawberry Energy Bites
- 1 cup cashew butter or nut butter of choice all natural (drippy kind)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups old fashion gluten-free oats
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup freeze dried strawberries crushed
- In a bowl, stir together the cashew butter or nut butter and maple syrup until combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the oats, coconut, chia seeds, chocolate chips and strawberries until combined. Add in the cashew butter mixture and stir until all the oats are evenly coated.
- Use a cookie scooper to make 20 evenly sized energy bites. I find that it's easiest to do this with clean hands that are still sloightly wet and then rewash them every 5 energy bites.