These gluten free crepes are perfect for breakfast or brunch and can be easily customized with your favorite filling or fruit topping. These grain-free and dairy-free crepes taste no different from the classic French crepe.
Crepes are one of my favorite go to meals because you can dress them up sweet or savory. I love sweet–obviously and I like to add a little chocolate hazelnut spread or peanut butter and some berries or bananas. I also really love crepes rolled up with some yogurt for a quick on-the-go snack. Try these crepes with your favorite spread!
Getting a good crepe cooking technique down is really important. I like to pour the batter into the center of the pan as I’m swirl it around to create a perfectly round and very thin crepe. I swirl until the batter no longer spreads and then I continue to cook the crepe for another 20-30 seconds before flipping it and cooking the other side for 10-15 seconds. In under 10 minutes you too can have the best gluten-free crepes!
Looking for more easy breakfast ideas? Check out these super easy and super delicious Chunky Monkey Pancakes I made not too long ago. It’s one of those recipes that you start to make on a regular basis because seriously, they are that good!
The Best Ever Gluten Free Crepes
- 1 c gluten-free baking flour
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk, room temperature
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 packets stevia
- pinch sea salt
- Place the eggs in a stand alone mixer and beat for 1-2 minutes or until eggs are light and fluffy. You can also do this with a hand held mixer.
- Add in the milk, salt, stevia and oil and continue mixing until smooth. Add in the gluten-free flour 1/4 cup at a time until incorporated.
- Prepare a skillet with non-stick spray and turn on medium heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, use a ladle or measuring cup to pour about 1/3 cup of batter into the center of the pan. Immediately remove it from heat and swirl it around until batter no longer moves. This will create a large, thin, round crepe. Return to heat and cook for about 20-30 seconds. Carefully flip the crepe and cook the other side for 10-20 seconds. Repeat until you have used all the batter.
- Serve crepes with yogurt, hazelnut spread, fruit or whatever filling your heart desires.
The Best Ever Gluten Free Crepes
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||6.2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||5.7%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Peanut Butter + Chocolate
[…] I did it again, I made another breakfast post! That’s the third one in a row and I’m not even sorry. Breakfast is the most important meal, isn’t it? Last week I made a gluten-free version of the classic French crepe and I gave myself a pat on the back for that one. The texture was so perfect that you would never know that they were gluten-free and dairy-free. Check them here. […]
Thank you for the great recipes. I am now gluten free, so having to search out and replace all my older recipes. A complete change of diet. I also have gluten free friends on Facebook, with the same problem and we are thankfully sharing good recipes. Yours among them now.
I am so happy you are enjoying my recipes!