PALEO – GLUTEN FREE – VEGAN – HIGH PROTEIN
I’ve been a bit obsessed with my food processor lately or maybe I’ve just been enjoying not having to turn on my oven to create delicious and healthy treats!
I made these super healthy Coconut Brownie Energy Bites and it only took me about ten minutes from start to finish.
Try not to eat these all in one sitting. It’ll be tempting, trust me!
I used PEScience Chocolate Frosted Cupcake whey protein powder and it complimented this recipe very nicely. You can get 30% OFF all PEScience products by using code PBCHOCO on their website and they have VEGAN protein as well! Yay!
No Bake decadent high protein energy bites covered in desiccated coconut. A simple treat everyone will love!
- 1/4 c raw almonds
- 1/2 c dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used PEScience Frosted Chocolate Cupcake)
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup or all natural sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened desiccated coconut plus more for rolling
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Before beginning, be sure your dates are fresh and soft. If your dates aren't soft, you can soak them in boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Once your dates are soft, cut them in half and remove the pits. Chop them into smaller pieces.
- Place all of your ingredients into a food processor or high performing blender.
- Blend on high until ingredients start to form a ball.
- Separate your mixture into 9 evenly sized balls. It helps if your hands are just slightly wet when rolling.
- Roll your brownie balls in your extra desiccated coconut until completely covered.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Be sure to use vegan protein powder or sub with coconut flour for vegan or paleo.