Forget the traditional pecan pie! Ultra rich dark chocolate fudge brownie layered over a flakey almond flour crust, topped with crunchy pecans and baked to pie perfection! Finally, brownie meets pie in this flourless, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, paleo pecan brownie pie treat that you can enjoy all year long–not just a holiday pie.
Baked to paleo pecan perfection!
I’d like you to meet my new favorite pie. This, my fellow healthy dessert goers, is dark chocolate paleo pecan brownie pie, also known as ooey-gooey, melt-your-mouth, rich AF, life changing pie! All this while still being freaking PALEO!
Are you mind blown yet?
I was full on prepared to make this pie and top with a traditional pecan topping but settled for just pecans because the brownie filling for this pie so super sweet and very rich; perhaps next time I’ll add the traditional pecan layer.
To all my fellow chocoholics out there, here are some more delicious chocolate recipes that are a little lighter on richness but still enough to get that chocolate fix!
Healthy Double Chocolate Gluten Free Scones – These deliciously simple gluten-free scones are made refined sugar-free for a crumbly, cakey, chocolatey breakfast! Loaded with crunch pistachios. SO YUMMY you won’t be able to have just one.
Vegan Chocolate Avocado Pudding – Rich and delicious vegan chocolate avocado pudding with cold brew. This simple recipe is loaded with nutrients and made low carb, gluten free, refined sugar-free and vegan!
Are you salivating yet? It’s okay, I won’t tell anyone…
Here’s the dilemma I find myself in every year on Thanksgiving: sitting around the table with all my favorite desserts and I have to choose between chocolate pie and pecan pie. What’s a girl to do? Well, I more than likely pick the chocolate pie and then later wish I also had the pecan pie. Problem solved with this pecan brownie pie!
Chocolate Pecan Brownie Pie | Paleo & Gluten Free
- 2 c almond flour, fine
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, solid
- 1 egg, large
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
brownie fudge layer
- 1 1/4 c chopped dark chocolate (dairy-free if necessary)
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1/4 c coconut milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs, large
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened special dark cocoa powder (can sub for all regular unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 c raw whole pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a 9" pie dish with non-stick cooking spray or coconut oil.
- Place all crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse just until a dough forms and form dough into a ball. Place the ball into the center of the pie dish and start pressing it down evenly. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to help press it down and up the sides of the dish. Bake pie crust for 4-5 minutes. Remove and let cool while you prepare the brownie layer.
- In a microwave safe bowl, gently melt the chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth. Let cool for 5 minutes. Add in the eggs, milk and vanilla and whisk until combined. Finally stir in the cocoa powders (or powder) and salt until incorporated. Transfer to the pie crust.
- Top the brownie layer with an even layer of pecans. Bake for 20-24 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into slices and serving.