Banana bread is such a classic and delicious dessert so I decided to put my overly ripe bananas to good use and make a loaf using clean eating gluten free ingredients! Classic Gluten Free Banana Bread is a favorite in my house and soon to be in yours!
Another Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe
I know what you are thinking. You don’t need another banana bread recipe but I assure you, you do! There’s never enough banana bread recipes if you ask me. I always strive for perfection so I like to take my old recipes and revamp them so they not only taste better but healthier too! This recipe is different than some of my previous recipes because it’s simple. It’s just classic banana bread without toppings, flavors or add ins–just banana bread!
Here’s what you will need to make this classic gluten free banana bread in under one hour!
- overly ripe bananas (ya know, the spotted ones!)
- unsweetened applesauce
- egg whites
- egg (can use all egg whites if needed)
- coconut sugar
- gluten free baking flour
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon
You can make this classic gluten free banana bread in one bowl by placing the mashed bananas, egg, egg whites, applesauce, coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla into a mixing bowl and whisking until thick or by using a hand held mixer and beating until thick. Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir just until combined. Transfer to a baking pan and bake until thoroughly cooked. THAT’S IT!
If you haven’t noticed yet, desserts are kind of my thing. I especially love cake, cupcakes, loaves… So I thought I would share a few of my favorites from the blog.
- Humming Bird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting – A healthy twist on a classic southern dessert. This humming bird cake is filled with banana, pineapple, and poppy seeds, and topped with a thick cream cheese icing to make a delicious, gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free treat.
- Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Cake with Blueberries – A deliciously moist lemon poppy seed cake bursting with blueberries and glazed with a tangy lemon frosting. Believe it or not, this cake is made sugar-free and gluten-free! This is one recipe you don’t want to miss!
- Healthy Chocolate Cupcakes with Blood Orange Frosting – Healthy decadent chocolate cupcakes made gluten-free, oil-free, refined sugar-free and high in protein. These cupcakes are frosted with creamy blood orange frosting.