These delicious lemon donuts are packed with poppy seeds and made paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free. Even better, they are topped with a thick layer of sweet glaze and finished with crunchy poppy seeds. If you are looking for a healthy treat that doesn’t lack in flavor, these lemon poppy seed donuts are perfect for you! Go ahead and make yourself a batch!
Do you have a favorite morning routine? Mine always goes like this: wake up, make coffee, walk the dogs and then drink said coffee with a pastry. I can’t think of a better treat to pair with my coffee on these summer mornings than these lemon poppy donut. Every bite of these dense paleo donuts is full sweet lemon flavor bursting with poppy seeds.
As you probably know, I really like donuts. LIKE REALLY LIKE DONUTS. In fact these lemon poppy seed donuts are definitely not the first batch of healthy donuts I’ve made. Check out a few other donut recipes below!
- Healthy Dark Chocolate Donuts – The ultimate healthy chocolate donut recipe made high in protein, gluten-free and sugar-free!
- Bake Lemon Raspberry Donuts – These delicious moist cake donuts are bursting with raspberries and dipped in a naturally colored and sugar-free raspberry glaze. Is there a better way to celebrate the second day of Spring? I think not! These low calorie, gluten-free and refined sugar-free donuts are the perfect spring treat!
- Healthy Maple Frosted Pumpkin Donuts – Healthy gluten-free pumpkin donuts frosted with a maple glaze. These maple frosted pumpkin donuts are made high in protein and refined sugar-free.
Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- 1 c almond flour
- 1/3 c coconut flour
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 1/2 c zero calorie confectioners sweetener, Swerve
- 2-4 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a standard donut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, sea salt, baking powder and poppy seeds. Add in the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, zest and juice. Use a hand held mixer to combined. Transfer the batter to a piping bag (or a large plastic zip bag and cut the corner) fill the 6 donut molds with batter. Bake for 14-16 minutes. Let cool.
- Next, stir together the glaze ingredients until smooth. Start with 2 tablespoons of almond milk until you reach a desired consistency. Dip each donut into the glaze and finish with poppy seeds.
Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||15.4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||4.7%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Peanut Butter + Chocolate
Can you recommend an alternative to almond flour? I have a friend with a severe nut allergy. Thank you!