5-ingredients vegan salted caramel sauce is simple to make, sticky and delicious! Made from canned coconut milk, granulated erythritol and coconut oil, this recipe is paleo, gluten free, low carb and dairy free for a perfect salty and sweet topping!
I want to drizzle this gooey, sweet and salty caramel sauce on absolutely everything because it’s so good. I have made different variations of this recipe a few times and they were all amazing. This time, I decided to use granulated erythritol instead of coconut palm sugar and honestly it tastes no different.
Here’s what I used to make this vegan caramel sauce
- coconut milk (the full fat kind in the can not the one you use for cereal)
- granulated erythritol but you can sub this for coconut sugar
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- sea salt
That’s it! That’s all you need to make this delicious salted caramel sauce! You will be drizzling caramel over everything before you know it!
If you love this vegan salted caramel recipe, you will also love these recipes
Healthy chocolate peppermint cookies are thick brownie like cookies made gluten free and drizzled with peppermint white chocolate! Paleo chocolate mousse is thick and luscious coconut cream topped with toasted meringue for a show stopping dessert! Low carb and sugar free dark chocolate covered almonds are the sweet and simple snack you never knew you needed. And finally death by chocolate cookies are just hands down the best cookies you will ever eat! If you are a chocolate lover, you don’t want to miss these recipes!
- Healthy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
- Death By Chocolate Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Mousse
Vegan Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup granulated erythritol can sub for coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Empty the can of coconut milk in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add in the granulated erythritol and salt. Whisk until well combined. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Let the mixture simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the caramel sauce has thickened and darkened in color. At this time, stir in the coconut oil and vanilla then remove from heat.
- Serve warm or cover and place in the fridge for later use.