The most amazing gluten free and dairy free coffee cake banana bread with a glazed streusel topping. You won’t be able to have just one slice!
What you need to make this coffee cake banana bread
You know that feeling when you can’t decide between banana bread, coffee cake and a glazed donut? Seriously, it’s a dilemma I have quite often and the only way to rectify the situation is with this coffee cake banana bread with streusel glaze.
If you are looking for a treat that’s perfect with a cup of coffee in the morning and late night snack in the evening, look no further because this healthier loaf is just that.
So here’s what you need to make this amazing gluten free banana loaf…
- coconut oil
- almond milk or plant milk of choice
- vanilla extract
- brown sugar or coconut sugar works!
- cane sugar or coconut sugar works!
- gluten free baking flour (all purpose)
- baking powder
- baking soda
- dairy free butter
- powdered sugar for the glaze
can’t get enough healthier desserts?
I hear ya! This loaf is quickly becoming one of my favorites and if you like this recipe than you will love these gluten free dessert recipes:
Here is the complete list of healthy dessert recipes on this site – enjoy!
Subscribe to get the free eBook now!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a slice of this gluten free loaf and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Amazing Coffee Cake Banana Bread
for the cinnamon swirl
- 1/4 cup cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp gluten free baking flour all purpose
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
for the banana bread
- 3 overly ripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk room temperature
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 cups gluten free baking flour all purpose
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
for the streusel
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten free baking flour all purpose
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegan butter soft
for the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a loaf pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper for easy removal and then set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the banana mash, coconut oil, milk, eggs, vanilla and brown sugar until smooth and well blended. In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until no dry spots remain and transfer half of the batter to the prepared pan. Set the rest aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the cinnamon swirl ingredients until combined. Sprinkle the cinnamon swirl mixture over the batter in the pan and then cover with remaining batter. Set aside while you prepare the streusel.
- Place the streusel ingredients into a bowl and use a fork to mash them together until crumbles form. Sprinkle the crumbles over the top of the banana bread and bake for 45-55 minutes and toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the banana bread cool for 15 minutes before stirring together the glaze ingredients and drizzling over the banana bread and serve.