These super easy healthy chocolate chip muffins takes just 30 minutes from start to finish and are made gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. These dairy free muffins are so moist and delicious, you won’t be able to have just one!
what you need to make these healthy chocolate chip muffins
I made these muffins as a small batch of six but if you prefer a larger batch, you can easily double this recipe. Your muffins will last longer if you store them in a container in the fridge. When you are ready to eat one, simply pop one into the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
This recipe comes together rather quickly. First, I whisked together the dry ingredients and then set them aside. Next, I placed the wet ingredients into a mixer and beat them using the whisk attachment until they were light and fluffy. You can also do this using a hand held mixer. Finally, I add the dry to the wet ingredients and stirred just until the batter came together. I distributed the batter between the muffin liners and baked them for 18 or so minutes.
So here’s what you need to make these muffins…
- gluten free baking flour such as Bob’s 1:1
- almond flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- dairy free and sugar free chocolate chips such as Lily’s
- coconut sugar or granulated sweetener of choice
- unsweetened applesauce
- almond milk
- vanilla extract
can’t get enough gluten free desserts?
I hear ya! These healthy chocolate chip muffins are quickly becoming one of my favorites and if you like this recipe than you will love these gluten free dessert recipes:
Here is the complete list of healthy dessert recipes on this site – enjoy!
Subscribe to get the free eBook now!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some healthy chocolate chip muffins and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after this dairy free recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
The best Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3/4 cup gluten free baking flour all purpose 1:1
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp super fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips dairy free and refined sugar free
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a muffin pan with 6 liners. Place the dry ingredients (flours, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips) into a bowl and stir until combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand alone mixer, beat the eggs, applesauce, milk and vanilla until well combined. Alternatively, you can use a hand held mixer. Add in the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Distribute the batter between the muffin liners and top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes and golden brown.
- Note: Store muffins in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature or 5 days in the refrigerator.