The absolute BEST healthy chocolate chip muffins sweetened with coconut sugar and made gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. This easy chocolate chip muffin recipe takes just 30 minutes from start to finish.
These healthy muffins are quickly becoming one of my favorite muffin recipes.
They win all the categories: fluffy and moist; easy to make; ingredient list is short; and they take less than 30 minutes to make from tart to finish!
I found inspiration from my health chocolate chip muffin recipe with bananas and decided to adapt the recipe and make these easy chocolate chip muffins.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- gluten free baking flour – I used measure for measure but any all purpose gluten free baking flour with xanthan gum will work
- almond flour
- coconut sugar – you can sub granulated maple sugar or organic cane sugar
- baking soda, baking soda and salt
- chocolate chips – I used dairy and refined sugar free chocolate chips
- unsweetened applesauce
- almond milk
- vanilla extract
How to Make Chocolate Chip Muffins
These healthy breakfast muffins are so simple to make so grab some mixing bowls and whisk and let’s get baking!
First, start by stir together the dry ingredients.
Next, whisk together all the wet ingredients until well blended. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until a batter forms. Stir in half of the chocolate chips.
Line a cupcake pan with 6 liners and distribute the batter between the liners. Top with remaining chocolate chips and bake for 18-20 minutes and golden brown.
Let cool and serve! THAT’S IT!
Commonly Asked Questions about muffins
After these muffins are done baking, let them cool completely and then place them into an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
These muffins are made with whole food ingredients and no added refined sugar so that’s an A+ in my book!
The Best Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Muffin Pan
- Mixing bowls
- ¾ cup gluten free baking flour all purpose 1:1
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp super fine sea salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips dairy free and refined sugar free
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a muffin pan with 6 liners. Place the dry ingredients (flours, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips) into a bowl and stir until combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, applesauce, almond milk and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until a batter forms. Fold in half of the chocolate chips.
- Distribute the batter between the liners, top with remaining chocolate chips and bake for 18-20 minutes and toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.