Gluten free almond cake is fluffy, moist and filled with perfect bites of strawberry. This almond infused cake is perfect when you want a simple cake with BIG flavor. Topped with vanilla bean icing, this cake is everything you need this Valentine’s Day.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Taylor & Colledge and as always, all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that make Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate possible.
what you need to bake this gluten free almond cake
I know I say this every single time I make a bundt cake but bundt cakes are so much better than traditional cakes!!! One pan, one layer and no having to pipe frosting onto a cake. Bundt cakes are perfect for the lazy baker.
Here’s what you need to make this cake…
- dairy free butter, sifted
- sugar or Truvia also works!
- Taylor & Colledge Almond Paste
- gluten free baking flour (all purpose)
- almond flour
- baking powder
- almond milk
- lemon juice
- freeze dried strawberries
- powdered sugar
- Taylor & Colledge Vanilla Bean Paste
baking with paste
I used Taylor & Colledge Almond Paste in the base of this cake and I have to say, WOW! A little bit sure does go a long way. I used just one teaspoon of paste for this entire cake and it turned out the most elevated almond flavor.
I also used Taylor & Colledge Vanilla Bean Paste for the glaze of this cake and the two flavors combined really compliment each other well. Overall, I have to say that baking with paste is a must!
Giveaway with Taylor & Colledge
I teamed up with Taylor & Colledge to gift one lucky baker a tube of each flavor of paste! Head over to my Instagram for details on how to enter!
can’t get enough gluten free desserts?
I hear ya! This cute little Valentine’s Day cake is quickly becoming one of my favorites and if you like this recipe than you will love these gluten free dessert recipes:
Here is the complete list of healthy dessert recipes on this site – enjoy!
Strawberry Almond Cake with Vanilla Bean Glaze
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup dairy free butter softened
- 1 cup cane sugar or Truvia for less sugar
- 1 tsp Taylor & Colledge Almond Extract Paste
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free baking flour all purpose
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries
vanilla bean glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp Taylor & Colledge Vanilla Bean Paste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a bundt cake pan (8-10 cups) with non-stick spray and gluten free flour to ensure there's no sticking and then set it aside. Place the almond almond milk and lemon juice into a bowl and whisk until combined. Let the mixture sit and curdle.
- Meanwhile, place the butter and cane sugar into a stand alone mixer with a paddle attachment and beat on a medium speed for 1-2 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time and continue mixing until incorporated. Finally add in the almond paste and almond milk mixture and beat until well blended.
- In another bowl, stir together the flours, baking soda, salt and freeze dried straberries until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until a batter forms. Transfer the mixture to the prepared bundt cake pan and bake for 45-55 minutes and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients and drizzle over the cake before serving!
- To remove the bundt cake, use a rubber spatula and run it between the cake and pan as soon as you remove it from the oven to help release the sides. Once the cake has cooled for 20 minutes (cool enough to touch), turn it out onto a serving plate to continue cooling.