These chocolate chip cashew butter cookies are hands down the best! Made peanut free, gluten free and vegan, these chocolate chip cookies will melt in your mouth. Try and have just one, I dare you!
what you need to make these cashew butter cookies
I baked these cashew butter cookies for a delicious alternative to peanut butter cookies. These peanut free cookies are simple to make and require just a few ingredients. I whipped up this batch in 10 minutes!
I like to make my cookie dough the night before and then freeze it until I’m ready to bake. Freezing the dough before hand isn’t a requirement but if you are looking for the most delicious healthy cookie recipe then don’t skip this step.
So now that we got that out of the way, here’s what you need…
- cashew butter, natural
- vegan butter, room temperature
- flax meal and water (flax egg)
- gluten free baking flour
- brown sugar or coconut sugar (or any granulated sweetener)
- baking soda
- chocolate chips (I used Lily’s sugar free and vegan chocolate chips)
can’t get enough gluten free desserts?
I hear ya! These cashew butter cookies are quickly becoming one of my favorites and if you like this recipe than you will love these gluten free dessert recipes:
Here is the complete list of healthy dessert recipes on this site – enjoy!
Subscribe to get the free eBook now!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some healthy cookies and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Cashew Butter Cookies
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup cashew butter natural
- 1/4 cup vegan butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed or coconut sugar for refined sugar free
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose baking flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Stir together the flax meal and water and then set it aside to gel for 5 minutes. In another bowl, beat the cashew butter, vegan butter, brown sugar and vanilla together until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute using a hand held mixer. Add in the flax mixture and continue mixing until combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the gluten free flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until no dry spots remain. Use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scooper to scoop 16 evenly sized cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet. Cover the dough and chill in the freezer for at least an hour or preferably overnight. *This isn't required but for a tastier cookie, don't skip this.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the cookie dough from the freezer and place the cookie dough balls about 1 1/2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake them for 12-14 minutes and the edges begin to brown. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to continue cooling for 15 minutes.