Easy baked Apple Cider Donut Holes are bursting with Fall flavors and dipped in a delicious cinnamon sugar coating. Enjoy these healthier homemade donuts with a cup of coffee for breakfast or an easy snack.
I’m obsessed with baking healthier homemade donuts!
These Fall flavored apple cider donuts were inspired by one of my favorite donut recipes: Banana Bread Donuts.
HOW TO MAKE APPLE CIDER DONUT HOLES
- Prep the ingredients and preheat the oven. Read through the ingredient list and prep all of them. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F and prepare your donut hole pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients. In a mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients and then set aside.
- Mix together the wet ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until they are well blended and then pour the wet into the dry ingredients. Use a rubber spatula to stir them together until no dry spots remain.
- Bake the apple cider donut holes. Use a cookie scooper to scoop roughly 1.5 tablespoons of batter into the donut hole cavities. Bake the donut holes for 12-14 minutes, check to see if they are cooked through before removing them from the oven.
- Coat in cinnamon sugar and devour! Once the donut have cooled enough to handle, brush them with melted vegan butter and roll in cinnamon sugar to coat and then enjoy!
Commonly asked questions
In this recipe you can used apple juice concentrate for the apple cider.
Yes, once the donuts have cooled, you can place them in an airtight container or plastic zip bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
IF YOU LOVED THESE APPLE CIDER DONUTS…
You are going to love some of my favorite Fall recipes on the blog:
Vegan Apple Cider Donut Holes
- donut hole pan
- Mixing bowls
for the donut holes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp finely ground sea salt
- ½ cup organic brown sugar packed
- ½ cup organin cane sugar
- ½ cup apple cider hot
- ½ cup almond milk room temperature
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce room temperature
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil or neutral flavored oil of choice, room temperature
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
for the cinnamon sugar coating
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F° and prepare your donut hole pan with non-stick spray and then set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt and then set it aside. In another bowl, whisk together the hot apple cider with the sugars. Add in the milk, applesauce, coconut oil, vinegar and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until no dry spots remain. Use a cookie scooper or spoon to fill the donut hole cavities with about 1 ½ tablespoons of batter. Bake the donut holes for 12-14 minutes and cooked through.
- Let the donut holes cool slightly. In a shallow bowl, stir together the cinnamon and sugar. Brush the donut holes with melted vegan butter and then roll them in the cinnamon sugar to coat.