Soft, tender and moist, these gluten-free pumpkin scones are bursting with Fall flavor and just waiting for you to dip them in a cozy cup of coffee. Enjoy these scones made using rolled oats, all purpose gluten free baking flour, organic cane sugar and vegan butter.
How to make moist gluten-free pumpkin scones
In just thirty minutes, you could be enjoying a tender warm pumpkin scone, here’s how you make:
- Pre-heat your oven and stir together your dry ingredients
- In another bowl, stir together your wet ingredients and then add them together, stirring until the dough is crumbly but holds together when pinched between your fingers
- Press the dough into a flax disc (about 1 1/2 inches thick) and cut into 6 evenly sized scones
- Bake the scones for 20 minutes
- Drizzle with glaze and pecans and serve!
That’s it! So easy, right?
Commonly asked questions
Why do you need xanthan gum in gluten-free baking? You don’t always need it, but most all purpose gluten free baking flours add it to create elasticity in the dough or batter.
What’s the secret to making good scones? For these gluten-free scones in particular, the secret is your oven temperature. Because of the added pumpkin, they are very moist so they need to bake at a lower temperature for longer. Normally, I would baking my scones at 425 F but this recipe is best at 350 F.
SHARING ALL MY FAVORITE FALL RECIPES!
I think it’s safe to say that Fall is a popular time of year–the weather is cool but not cold, the leaves are changing colors and everything is pumpkin spiced flavored! What’s not to love?
If you love this harvest granola recipe, you will love some of these Fall inspired recipes:
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a gluten-free pumpkin scone and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Moist Gluten Free Pumpkin Scones
- 1 ½ cup all purpose gluten-free baking flour
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- ½ cup organic cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup vegan butter melted and slightly cooled
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 flax egg (see notes) or one large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
for the glaze
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 F° and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.In a large bowl, stir together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and spices.
- In another bowl, whisk together the almond milk, pumpkin puree, flax egg, melted butter and vanilla until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir using a ruber spatula just until combined and no dry bits remain.
- Shape the dough into a 1 ½ inch disc and then cut into 6 evenly sized pieces. Separate the pieces and place them on the baking sheet. Bake for 20-24 minutes.
- Once cooled, stir together the glaze and drizzle over scones. Top with chopped pecans.