A fun twist on a the classic pumpkin pie. This vegan pumpkin pie is made with a simple pretzel crust making this pie the sweet and salty combination of your dreams.
What you need to make this vegan pumpkin pie with pretzel crust
You guys, this pretzel crusted pumpkin pie was just a wild idea I had in the middle of my work day and I literally dropped everything I was doing to make it.
And I’m so glad I did!
Because PRETZEL CRUSTED PUMPKIN PIE!!!
Ingredients you will need
Okay, so here’s what you need to make this vegan pumpkin pie with salty pretzelty goodness.
- mini pretzels twists (gluten free if necessary)
- coconut sugar (or brown sugar or cane sugar or any granulated sweetener)
- vegan butter
- condensed sweetened coconut milk (full fat coconut milk will also work but won’t be as sweet so maybe consider adding more sugar)
- pumpkin puree
- tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice
- sea salt
- vegan whipped topping
THAT’S IT! Can you believe it? This simple plant based pumpkin pie is the best!
can’t get enough holiday recipes?
I hear ya! check out the most popular gluten free recipes on the blog! Here are few of my favorites:
Here is the complete list of healthy dessert recipes on this site – enjoy!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some vegan pumpkin pie and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the vegan pumpkin pie recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Pretzel Crusted Pumpkin Pie
- 3 cups mini pretzels gluten free if necessary
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar or granulated sweetener of choice
- ⅓ cup vegan butter melted
pumpkin pie filling
- 1 7 oz can sweetened condensed coconut milk Let's Do Organic
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut sugar or granulated sweetener
- ¼ cup tapioca flour (starch) or arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- vegan whipped topping optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the pretzels and sugar into a food processor or high performing blender and blend until fine crumbles form. Add in the melted butter and pulse just until combined. Press the pretzel crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Place the pan on a piece of tin foil and fold the tin foil over so that it just covers the crust.
- Rinse the food processor or blender and then add the filling ingredients. Blend until smooth. You may need to stop and scrape the sides as needed.
- Pour the filling into the crust and use a spatula to smooth the filling to the edges. Bake the pie for 40-50 minutes. The center will still fill jiggily but will set as it cools. Once the pie has cooled, chill it for at least 4 hours before serving.