A twist on the classic, this vegan pecan pie with chocolate chips will become a new Thanksgiving favorite! This delicious pie is bursting with sweet caramel crusted pecans, layered with chocolate and all while being gluten free and vegan.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Edward and Sons Trading Company and as always all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for helping to make Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate possible.
what you need to make this vegan pecan pie
You guys, this gluten free pecan pie is hands down one of the best I’ve ever had and I can’t wait for you to try it!
Caramel. Chocolate. Pecans. You are going to love it!
So here’s what you need…
- gluten free all purpose baking flour (1:1)
- tapioca starch Let’s Do Organic
- maple syrup
- vegan butter, cold and chopped
- cold filtered water
Vegan Pecan Pie Filling
- vegan butter
- coconut sugar
- sweetened condensed coconut milk Let’s Do Organic
- tapioca starch Let’s Do Organic
- vanilla extract
- pecans, raw
- chocolate chips, vegan
want more vegan recipes?
Can’t get enough of this vegan pecan pie? Me either. Check out a few of my favorite vegan recipes:
Get the complete list of vegan desserts here.
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some vegan pecan pie and if you make this vegan dessert recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free baking flour 1:1
- 1/2 cup Let's Do Organic Tapioca Starch
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup vegan butter cold and chopped
- 7-8 tbsp cold water
- almond milk for brushing
- **NOTE if you don't wish to decorate your pie crust then simply cut the crust ingredients in half. Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a pie pan with non-stick spray. Place all the crust ingredients (excluding the water) into a food processor and pulse until crumbles form. Add in the water one tablespoon at a time, pulsing until a dough ball forms. Separate the ball into two even pieces.
- Roll one of the dough balls out between two peices of parchment paper until it's roughly 1/8 inch in thickness. Transfer the dough to the pie pan and crimp the edges with your fingers. Remove any excess dough. Roll the second dough ball out between two peices of parchment paper until it's roughly 1/8 inch in thickness and use a cookie cutter or pie crust cutter to make leaves. Brush the pie crust with almond milk before decorating with the cut out leaves and then brushing those with almond milk. Place on a baking sheet and bake the decorated pie crust for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, set aside one cup of pecans and chop the remaining two cups into small pieces and set aside. Place the butter, coconut sugar, condensed milk, tapioca flour and vanilla into a bottom heavy pot and turn on medium-low heat stirring until smooth. Once smooth, stir in the chopped pecans and then remove from the heat. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour the filling into the cooked pie crust. Top with whole pecans and cover with tin foil. Be sure you place the pie on a baking sheet in case it bubbles over and then bake the pie for 35 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Learn how to grow a following on Instagram to drive business results:
- Optimizing your Profile Page
- Creating captivating visual content
- What, when, and how often to post
- Using hashtags effectively
- Running promos and giveaways
- Sharing audiences and partnering with brands
- Running Instagram Ads
- Using analytics to measure and adjust your plan
Subscribe to get the free eBook now!