Everyone’s favorite cookies with a crisp Fall twist! These chocolate chip cookies are soft, chewy and full of pumpkin spice flavor. The best ever pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are made gluten free and vegan.
It’s officially pumpkin season and I’ve never been more ready! I’m so excited to share these cookies because I know you are going to love them.
If you have tried my Gluten Free White Chocolate Chip Cookies then you will love these gluten free pumpkin cookies because the recipe was used as a base recipe.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Can you believe these cookies are totally gluten free and vegan all while still being soft, tender and unbelievably delicious?
- How long does it take to make? These cookies take about 15 minutes of hands on time!
- How long will these cookies stay good for? 3-4 days at room temperature or you can freeze them for up to 3 months!
- Can I use any brand of gluten free flour? Absolutely, but make sure your brand is an all purpose gluten free flour. You can’t use just almond flour or coconut flour, it must be an all purpose gluten free flour mix. I prefer to use Outrageous Baking brand.
SHARING ALL MY FAVORITE FALL RECIPES!
I think it’s safe to say that Fall is a popular time of year–the weather is cool but not cold, the leaves are changing colors and everything is pumpkin spiced flavored! What’s not to love?
So I thought sharing some of my favorite Fall inspired recipes would be appropriate, like these:
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some a gluten free vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 tbsp ground flax meal
- 3 tbsp water
- ¾ cup vegan butter, soft stick form
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed organic if possible
- ⅓ cup cane sugar organic if possible
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips vegan
- flakey sea salt for topping
- In a small bowl, stir together the flax meal and water and then set it aside to gel for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, use a handheld mixer or a stand alone mixer using a paddle attachment to beat together the vegan butter, brown sugar and cane sugar until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the flax mixture and vanilla and beat until well combined. Finally add in the pumpkin puree and mix just until combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the gluten free all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined and a dough forms. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scooper to make 14 evenly sized cookie dough balls. Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a new baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the cookie dough balls on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies for 11 minutes and the edges are golden brown. Right when you remove them from the oven, lift the pan about 5 inches from your countertop and drop the pan so the cookies spread. Repeat this 2-3 times. Return to the oven and continue baking for an additional 2-3 minutes and the edges are golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to continue cooling. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and enjoy!