Tender and moist baked chai donuts with creamy maple glaze and crunchy pecans made gluten free and dairy free. These maple chai donuts make your transition from Summer to Fall so much sweeter.
Oh my gawd, hi September! I’m never not surprised at how quickly the months fly by! My mom wasn’t kidding, it really does get worse as you get older…
So here we are again, another September and another Fall full of pumpkin spice everything. As a food blogger, there’s a lot of pressure to come up with new pumpkin flavored recipes but this year I’m hoping you guys haven’t seen it all yet because I have some amazing recipes planned.
But in the meantime, I want to share this Fall inspired recipe: gluten free and dairy free maple chai baked donuts!
Maple Chai Donuts Gluten Free and Dairy Free
Can you believe these donuts are totally gluten free and dairy free all while still being soft, tender and unbelievably delicious!
- How long does it take to make? I made these donuts from start to finish in less than 40 minutes!
- How long will these donuts stay good for? I recommend eating the donuts within the first day or two of making. This recipe serves 12 so cutting the recipe in half is a good idea if you can’t eat them up in a couple days.
- Can I use any brand of gluten free flour? Absolutely, but make sure your brand is an all purpose gluten free flour. You can’t use just almond flour or coconut flour, it must be an all purpose gluten free flour mix.
SHARING ALL MY FAVORITE FALL RECIPES!
I think it’s safe to say that Fall is a popular time of year–the weather is cool but not cold, the leaves are changing colors and everything is pumpkin spiced flavored! What’s not to love?
So I thought sharing some of my favorite Fall inspired recipes would be appropriate, like these:
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some a gluten free baked donuts with extra frosting and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Glazed Maple Chai Donuts
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose gluten free baking flour I used Outrageous Baking brand
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed organic if possible
- 3 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup brewed chai tea cooled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar organic if possible
- 1/4 tsp maple extract optional
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare two standard sized donut pans with non-stick spray and be generous.
- In a large mixing bowl, combined the flours, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, chai, applesauce and vanilla until smooth. Add in the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Transfer the batter to a piping bag or lage plastic zip bag and cut the corner to create your own piping bag. Fill the donuts molds with even amounts of batter. Mine filled 12. Bake the donuts for 15-18 minutes. Let cool.
- Once cooled, place the maple syrup and vegan butter into a medium sized pot over low heat and stir until the butter and syrup are melted together. Add in the powdered sugar and maple extract and stir until a glaze forms. Dip each donut in the glaze and top with chopped pecans. Serve.