Simply the most perfect pumpkin banana bread recipe! This gluten free bread is definitely the best pumpkin bread I’ve ever made. Fluffy, moist and topped with crunchy cinnamon walnut streusel. This healthy dessert recipe will quickly become a family favorite!
How to make this gluten free bread
I don’t know about you but I intentionally buy bananas just so I can wait for them to turn brown. I like to buy a handle of bananas, place them on my counter and then forget about them for like a week. In fact, that’s how most produce goes in my house–but that’s another story.
Thank goodness overly ripe bananas are perfect for baking! YAY! So I turned those bananas into this glorious gluten free and dairy free pumpkin banana bread!
So here’s what you need:
- overly ripe banana
- pumpkin puree
- coconut oil, melted
- almond milk
- vanilla extract
- brown sugar or coconut sugar or brown sugar erythritol (swerve)
- all purpose gluten free baking flour
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking soda
- baking powder
for the streusel
- gluten free baking flour
- brown sugar or coconut sugar
- chopped walnuts
- dairy free butter
Ready for how simple this recipe is? Okay, first whisk together all the wet ingredients and then stir together the dry ingredients. Finally, add them together and stir until smooth and then let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes while you prepare the streusel–again so easy–stir together flour, sugar, cinnamon and walnuts and then cut in the butter using a fork. Sprinkle the streusel over the bread and bake!
Can’t get enough pumpkin desserts?
I hear ya! I too am a basic girl and need all the things pumpkin. Here are a few of my favorite pumpkin recipes on the blog:
- Healthy Gluten Free and Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Donuts, Baked not Fried
- Pumpkin Oat Scones Made Gluten Free
- Chocolate Glaze Pumpkin Pie Turnovers
Get the complete list of healthy recipes here.
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some gluten free bread and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
The Best Gluten Free Pumpkin Banana Bread with Walnut Streusel Topping
- Mixing bowls
for the pumpkin banana bread
- ½ cup mashed overly ripe banana 1 large banana
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs room temperature
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- ⅔ cup almond milk room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed or coconut sugar
- 2 cup all purpose gluten free baking flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
for the streusel
- ½ cup all purpose gluten free baking flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed or coconut sugar
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup dairy free butter room temperature
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla and brown sugar until smooth.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Dump the dry ingredients into the wet and use a rubber spatula to stir until no dry spots remain. Let the batter rest for 10-15 mintues.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a 9×5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper for easy removal. Pour the batter into the pan.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and chopped walnuts for the struesel. Add in the room temperature butter and use a fork to combine the ingredients until crumbles form. Sprinkle the topping over the batter and bake for 30-40 minutes. Remove and cover with tin foil and continue baking for additional 15-20 minutes. Let cool before serving. Store the bread in an airtight container for at room temperature for 3 days or in the refrigerator for 5 days.