Flaky and buttery pumpkin filled turnovers with vegan chocolate glaze. A simple and quick healthy treat wrapped in a flaky phyllo crust! This pumpkin pie turnover is the perfect vegan recipe for a crowd.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Athens Foods to bring you this incredible vegan recipe. As always, all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for making Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate possible.
It’s hard to believe that Halloween is near and Thanksgiving is just over a month away! The good news is that pumpkin desserts are in full swing over here and you are going to love this vegan recipe I have for you. YAY!
I’ve teamed up with Athens Foods to bring you this simple and delicious recipe that will make a perfect addition to your Fall baking.
what you need to make chocolate glaze pumpkin pie turnovers
You are going to love it!
- pumpkin puree
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice
- almond milk
- Athens phyllo dough
- dairy free butter
- dairy free chocolate chips
- coconut oil
want more vegan recipes?
Check out a few of my favorites:
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chips Cookies
- Chocolate Sweet Rolls
- Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- The Softest Sugar Cookies Ever
Get the complete list of vegan desserts here.
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some vegan desserts and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
Chocolate Glaze Pumpkin Pie Turnovers
for the filling
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 6 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
for the dough
- 12 0z Athens Phyllo Dough thawed
- 1/2 cup vegan butter melted
for the glaze
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Stir together all filling ingredients and then set it aside while you prepare the phyllo dough.
- Preheat oven to 375 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unfold the phyllo dough and cover with a damp paper towel to prevent drying.Remove 1 sheet of phyllo dough and place it on a clean surface. Brush the side facing up with melted butter. Add another sheet and repeat for 2 more sheets. Once you have 4 layers buttered and carefully stacked on top of each other, use a pizza cutter to divide the dough in half, length wise. Spoon roughly 1 heaping tablespoon of filling onto the end of the dough leaving roughly a half inch of room to the edge. Fold into a triangle. Keep folding the dough over itself to form a triangle until you get to the end of the sheets. Place the turnover on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until you've used all the filling. Mine made 8 turnovers. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power to prevent burning. Stop every 40 seconds to stir until smooth. Drizzle the chocolate over the turnovers and let set at room temperature until chocolate hardens.
want my free guide to Instagram growth?
Learn how to grow a following on Instagram to drive business results:
- Optimizing your Profile Page
- Creating captivating visual content
- What, when, and how often to post
- Using hashtags effectively
- Running promos and giveaways
- Sharing audiences and partnering with brands
- Running Instagram Ads
- Using analytics to measure and adjust your plan
Subscribe to get the free eBook now!