Amazingly healthy chocolate cake. This gluten free chocolate cake is also made dairy free for an easy and delicious gluten free dessert.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Williams Sonoma. As always, all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for continuing to make Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate possible.
What you need to make this gluten free chocolate cake
You guys, this amazing gluten free dessert is so much easier to make than you think.
You can whip it up in no time. You are going to love it!
So here’s what you need…
for the cake
- almond flour
- arrowroot flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder (I used half regular and half special dark)
- baking soda and baking powder
- brown sugar
- almond milk
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
for the ganache
- dairy free chocolate chips
- coconut oil
- SPRINKLES (not required but preferred)
Williams Sonoma gifted me this special edition retro white KitchenAid Artisan Mixer with Hobnail Bowl.
Isn’t she a beauty?
Obsessed could be an understatement. She’s a little bit small than KitchenAid’s commercial-size models but still allows for 14 optional attachments (sold separately). Get your own exclusively at Williams Sonoma.
want more delicious gluten free recipes?
Check out a few of my favorites:
You can find the complete list of gluten free recipes here.
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a slice of cake or two and if you make them, or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
Amazing Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup almond milk room temperature
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour or tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder I used half special dark
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp finely ground sea salt
for the glaze
- 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- sprinkles optional
- In a bowl of a mixer, add the eggs and brown sugar and beat on low speed using the whisk attachment until smooth, about 1 minute. Add in the almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla and continue mixing until combined.
- Sift in the dry ingredients (almond flour, arrowroot flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt) and then continue mixing on a low speed until no lumps remain. Let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 F. Once the oven is heated, prepare a bundt cake pan with non-stick spray and a dusting of cocoa powder and then transfer the batter to the pan. Bake the cake for 35-45 minutes or until a tookpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool for 10-15 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- In a micrwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth. Pour the chocolate over the cake and top with sprinkles.
Never miss a healthy dessert recipe!
Sign up for my monthly newsletter and get all my posts directly to your inbox! All new subscribers get access to my free ebook: “How to Succeed on Instagram“