Soft and fluffy baked gluten free pumpkin donuts coated in buttery cinnamon sugar or drizzled with a sweet vanilla glaze. These pumpkin donuts are made gluten free, dairy free and with a refined sugar free option!
What you need to make these gluten free pumpkin donuts
Happy Tuesday to you and I hope everyone had an extra long Labor Day weekend. I was at home dreaming about all things pumpkin that I want to make this Fall. Since this is my first post after Labor Day, it feels right to make it a pumpkin one!
These donuts came together quickly and this recipes makes quite a big batch–14 donuts! Don’t hesitate to cut this recipe in half if need be.
So here’s what you need:
- gluten free baking flour (all purpose with xanthan gum)
- almond flour
- pumpkin spice
- baking soda
- baking powder
- brown sugar or coconut sugar for a refined sugar free version
- pumpkin puree
- almond milk
Who am I to pick your donut topping for you? So I include two different ways to top these donuts: cinnamon sugar or glazed.
For the cinnamon sugar you will need dairy free butter, granulated sugar (or coconut sugar for a refined sugar free) and cinnamon. For the glazed you will need powdered sugar, almond milk and vanilla extract.
want more delicious gluten free recipes?
Check out a few of my favorites:
You can find the complete list of gluten free recipes here.
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a donut or two and if you make them, or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- Mixing bowls
- standard donut pan/molds
- 1 ½ cup gluten free baking flour all purpose
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup packed brown sugar or coconut sugar for refined sugar free
- 4 eggs large
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
for the cinnamon sugar
- 2 tbsp dairy free butter
- ¼ cup granulated can sugar or coconut sugar for refined sugar free
- 1 tsp cinnamon
for the glaze
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉ and prepare a standard size donut pan with non-stick spray (be generous) and dust with gluten free flour to further prevent sticking.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, almond flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt and then set it aside. In another bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin, almond milk and vanilla until smooth. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and then whisk until no dry bits remain. Tranfer the batter to a large piping bag and fill the donut molds. Bake the donuts for 10-12 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- For the cinnamon sugar donuts, melt the butter and brush over donuts. Place the sugar and cinnamon into a bowl and stir until combined. Toss buttered donuts in cinnamon sugar until coated.
- For the glazed donuts, whisk together the glaze ingredients and spoon over donuts.
want to learn how to turn your passion for food into a career?
I’m so excited to announce that I’m working on a free email course that’s all about food photography and exactly the steps you need to take to turn your love for food into a career. Sign up below to be the first to know when the course launches.