Chocolate dipped hazelnut biscotti – perfect for dunking! These crunchy cookies are baked with hazelnuts and dipped in chocolate for a gluten free vegan snack.
CHOCOLATE DIPPED HAZELNUT BISCOTTI ARE GLUTEN FREE & VEGAN
Can you believe these hazelnut cookies are totally gluten free and vegan all while still being a perfectly crunchy cookie made for dunking!?
- How long does it take to make? I made these cookies in just over an hour from start to finish
- How long will these cookies stay good for? These cookies taste best if store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Can I use any brand of gluten free flour? Absolutely, but make sure your brand is an all purpose gluten free flour. You can’t use just almond flour or coconut flour, it must be an all purpose gluten free flour mix. I really love Outrageous Baking brand (not sponsored)
SHARING ALL MY FAVORITE FALL RECIPES!
I think it’s safe to say that Fall is a popular time of year–the weather is cool but not cold, the leaves are changing colors and everything is pumpkin spiced flavored! What’s not to love?
So I thought sharing some of my favorite Fall inspired recipes would be appropriate, like these:
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some chocolate dipped hazelnut biscotti and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you may have.
This recipe was inspired and adapted from Alana’s delicious GLUTEN-FREE BISCOTTI WITH HAZELNUTS & CHOCOLATE
Chocolate Dipped Hazelnut Biscotti
- 2 tbsp ground flax meal
- 6 tbsp water filtered
- 1/2 cup vegan butter melted
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup all purpose gluten free baking flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts chopped
- 4oz vegan dark chocolate roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and then set it aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flax meal and water and then set it aside to gel for about five minutes. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, use a hand held mixer to beat together the sugar and melted butter, about 1 minute. Add in the flax mixture and vanilla and continue mixing until well combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the gluten free flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and sea salt. Add your dry ingredients to the wet and stir until a dough forms. Fold in the toasted hazelnuts. Transfer the dough to the prepared pan and form one large log about 1 1/2" high and 2 1/2" wide. Bake the log for 30-35 minutes and cooked through entirely. The edges should be golden brown.
- Let the log cool for 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log at a diagonal into 1/2" pieces. Lay the cookies on the baking sheet and bake them for an additional 10-15 minutes and golden brown. Let them cool completely.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a small pot of boiling water. Add the chocolate to the bowl and stir until melted. Remove from the heat and let chocolate cool for 15-20 minutes, stirring every five minutes. Dip each biscotti in the chocolate, sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts if desired. Let the cookies sit at room temperature until the chocolate is solid (if you absolutely can't wait, you can place them in the refrigerator to speed up the process).