Soft and chewy gluten free white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies are the perfect summer cookie loaded with crunchy macadamia nuts and creamy white chocolate chips.
How to get the perfect gluten free white chocolate cookie
Raise your hand if you have ever made cookies and they spread a tad too much! Both hands are raised over here.
I noticed that vegan white chocolate chips tend to melt a little bit inside the cookies (especially towards the edges) and in turn, the cookies spread more than usual.
Just as the cookies come out of the oven, use a round cookie cutter to get those cookies into an aesthetically round shape by swirling the cookie in a circular motion. See the GIF below.
Thanks, Mike! <3
If you love this recipe, you are going to love these cookie recipes:
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a gluten free white chocolate macadamia nut cookie and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Gluten Free White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 2 tbsp ground flax meal
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter soft
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp white granulated cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp gluten free all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt finely ground
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chips plus more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and then set it aside. In a small bowl, stir together the flax meal and water and set it aside to gel for about 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place your vegan butter, brown sugar and white cane sugar into a bowl of a stand alone mixer or into a mixing bowl and using a handheld mixer, beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in the vanilla extract and flax mixture and continue mixing until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all purpose gluten free flour, baking soda and salt then add it to the mixing bowl. Mix just until combined and the dough comes together. Fold in the nuts and white chocolate. Use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scooper to make about 16 evenly sized cookies. Place them on the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart (mine fit 6 on the cookie sheet). Bake the cookies for 9-12 minutes and edges are golden brown.
- Once you remove the cookies from the oven, if they have spread too much, use a round cookie cutter, fit the cookie inside and swirl it around in a circular motion. *See GIF in post. Top with more white chocolate chips, pressing them into the cracks, if desired. Repeat until you have baked all the dough.