With soft and chewy centers and crispy edges, these gluten free and vegan chocolate brownie cookies are bound to be the most popular cookie you make this year.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Saco Pantry and as always all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that make Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate possible.
What you need to make these vegan chocolate brownie cookies
Saco Pantry Organic Cocoa is new favorite in my kitchen and the dutch processed cocoa really brought these gluten free and vegan chocolate brownie cookies to a new level of decadent.
Made from the finest fair trade natural cocoa, our Organic Cocoa provides the ultimate rich chocolate flavor and color for all baking needs and it’s 100% organic cocoa for superior taste.
Here’s what you need to make these gluten free cookies for yourself…
- flax meal + water = flax egg
- gluten free baking flour
- baking soda
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- vegan butter, sticks
- brown sugar
- granulated white sugar
- vanilla extract
- flakey sea salt
can’t get enough gluten free recipes?
I hear ya! These gluten free and vegan chocolate brownie cookies are quickly becoming one of my favorites and if you like this recipe then you will love some of these gluten free recipes.
Here is the complete list of healthy dessert recipes on this site – enjoy!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a chocolate cookie or two and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 3 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup gluten free baking flour
- 1/4 cup Saco Pantry Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp vegan butter soft
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- flakey sea salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, stir together the flax and water until combined and then set it aside for 5-10 minutes to gel. In a bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, use a hand held mixer to beat the vegan butter, brown sugar and cane sugar together until well blended. Add in the vanilla and mix until combined. Finally add in the flax mixture and continue mixing until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until no dry spots remain. The batter will be on the wet side and that's ok. Use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scooper to make the cookie dough balls and place them on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. The cookies should look slightly undone when you take them out of the oven but they will continue to cook and firm up as they cool.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to continue cooling for 10-15 mintues before sprinkling with sea salt and serving.