Soft, tender gluten free and dairy free small batch muffins bursting with lemon flavor. Perfect sweet treat in the morning with a sweet glaze topping and lots of poppy seeds.
what you need to make yourself these lemon poppy muffins
Lately I’ve been turning to small batch and single serve desserts. What I love about this single serve recipe is that nothing goes to waste!
Muffins are best the first day you bake them so for me it sometimes becomes a struggle to give some away while they are still at their freshest. No worries with this recipe!
So here’ s what you need to make these fluffy gluten free muffins…
- gluten free all purpose baking flour (I used Outrageous Baking–it’s seriously the best!)
- baking powder
- poppy seeds
- coconut oil
- granulated white sugar or coconut sugar
- almond milk
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- powdered sugar
can’t get enough small batch recipes?
I hear ya! This small batch muffin recipe is quickly becoming one of my favorites and if you like this recipe then you will love some of these small batch recipes…
Here is the complete list of healthy dessert recipes on this site – enjoy!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a muffin and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Small Batch Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 6 tbsp gluten free all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 3 tbsp almond milk room temperature
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a muffin tin with 3 liners. Stir together the flour, baking powder, poppy seeds and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together sugar, egg, almond milk, coconut oil, lemon juice, zest and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until no dry spots remain. Distribute the batter between the 3 liners and bake the muffins for 15-17 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Stir together the glaze until you reach a nice pourable consistency. Drizzle over the muffins and serve.