Layers of chocolate and strawberry dairy free gelato and crusted with cookies, this dairy free ice cream cake makes a perfect summer treat!
This post is sponsored in partnership with O’MY Gelato and as always all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that help make Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate possible.
So about this dairy free ice cream cake
To all the ice cream lovers of the world…
This one’s for you!
This dairy free ice cream cake is layered with strawberry gelato, chocolate gelato, fresh strawberries and a cookie crust to make my favorite summer dessert of all time!
This ice cream cake is:
- Easy to make
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Perfect for hot summer days (or let’s be honest, any day!)
- Crusted with cookies
- The best flavor combo ever: chocolate and strawberry!
O’MY! Dairy Free Gelato
Hello, hi my new favorite frozen dessert: O’MY! Gelato made with plant based ingredients, no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners.
So creamy and delicious!
For this recipe, I used their chocolate and strawberry flavors and found them at my local Sprouts. But they have so many more flavors like orange cream, coffee chip, mint chip, vanilla bean and cake batter to name a few.
If you love this recipe, you are going to love this Upside Down Banana Cake Gluten Free and Dairy Free.
Or these Prosecco Popsicles Grapefruit. Perfect summer recipes!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a slice of dairy free banana cream pie and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Diary Free Ice Cream Cake
- 1 pint Strawberry O'My! Dairy Free Gelato
- 1 pint Chocolate O'My! Dairy Free Gelato
- 3 strawberries sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbles gluten free & vegan cookies if necessary
- 2 tbsp vegan butter melted
- Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with plastic wrap. I used two pieces going in opposite directions to be sure everything was well covered.
- Remove the strawberry gelato from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for 5 minutes to soften. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the strawberry gelato into the bottom of the liked pan and then use a cake spatula to smooth the ice cream into an even layer. Top with strawberry slices and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove the chocolate gelato from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for 5 minutes to soften. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the chocolate gelato over the strawberries and use a cake spatula to smooth the ice cream into an even layer. Freeze for one hour.
- Place your cookie crumbles into a bowl or food processor and then add in the melted vegan butter. Stir or pulse until everything is combined and the mixture resembles wet sand. Press the mixture over the chocolate layer and pack it tightly. Freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.
- To serve, remove the cake from the pan and turn it over onto a cutting board so the ice side is facing up. Use a sharp knife to slice into one inch pieces. Enjoy!