Soft and chewy chocolate chip skillet cookie gluten free and vegan. Grab two spoons and serve warm and melty–this skillet cookie is perfect for a night in.
How is this skillet cookie gluten free and vegan?
Do you have about 8 minutes? Cool, you have enough time to make this warm and gooey treat!
You will need:
Gluten free all purpose baking flour (I used Outrageous Baking blend–it’s a personal fav) or regular all purpose baking flour if not gluten free.
Vegan butter–I’ve found most brands work but I prefer the stick form of Earth Balance or Miyoko’s brands.
Ground flax meal is my preferred method of replacing eggs in baked goods because I buy a giant bag from Costco and it lasts me like a year!
Brown sugar and cane sugar–I used organic versions of both but it’s not necessary.
Vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder, salt and vegan chocolate chips–that’s it!
Of course you can mix in some add ins like walnuts, nut butter or pretzels.
It’s no secret that I’m a sucker for cookies and on my blog you will find a ton of cookie recipes so I gathered a few of my favorites that I think you will love.
If you love this recipe, you are going to love these cookie recipes:
Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Giant Vegan Birthday Cake Cookies
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve to dig into this skillet cookie and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Skillet Cookie Gluten Free & Vegan
- 1/2 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup vegan butter soft
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 1/2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup gluten free all purpose baking flour I used Outrageous Baking
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a 5-inch oven safe skillet with non-stick spray and then set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flax meal and water and then set it aside to gel. In a mixing bowl, use a handheld mixer to beat the butter, brown sugar and cane sugar together until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Add in the flax mixture and vanilla extract and continue mixing until well combined.
- Sprinkle the flour over the wet ingredients and then add in the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and then press the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared skillet. Sprinkle with more chocolate chips if desired and bake the skillet cookie for 18-22 minutes and golden brown.
- Remove the skillet cookie from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving warm with vegan ice cream if desired.
This was easy to make and super delicious!! I love making skillet cookies, and this is one I’ll totally make again. 🙂 Mine was nice a gooey in the middle, just the way I like it. It was rich, too, and simply…perfect!
I’m so happy to hear it! This is one of my favorite recipes 🙂