Soft and chewy vegan peanut butter cookies loaded with chocolate chips for the perfect balance of peanut butter and chocolate. Gluten free and vegan, these cookies make a perfect snack or late night treat!
What you need to make these vegan peanut butter cookies
These cookies are adapted from my favorite cookie recipe of all time: cashew butter chocolate chip cookies so it was a no brainer when I decided to give them a try with peanut butter instead.
They turned out more delicious than I had hope and probably because I used the best peanut butter I could get my hands on: Spread The Love.
Making these cookies is extremely simple and whether you are an avid baker or not, these cookies are an absolute no-fail! So here’s what you need to make these gluten free vegan cookies for yourself.
- flax meal
- vegan butter, soft
- natural peanut butter (I used Spread The Love and it has just one ingredient!)
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- baking soda
- vegan mini chocolate chips
If you love this recipe, you will love some these vegan gluten free recipes on my blog.
- Easy Strawberry Popsicles Covered in Chocolate (gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free!)
- Chocolate Brownie Cookies (gluten free and vegan!)
- Chocolate Chia Seed Granola (gluten free and vegan!)
Here’s the complete list of healthy recipes on the site. I hope you enjoy!
If you are still reading this, you definitely deserve some vegan peanut butter cookies and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag me @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment with suggestions with the recipe you would like to read next after the recipe card at the bottom.
I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Vegan Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup peanut butter natural
- 1/4 cup vegan butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed or coconut sugar for refined sugar free
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose baking flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips mini
- Stir together the flax meal and water and then set it aside to gel for 5 minutes. In another bowl, beat the peanut butter, vegan butter, brown sugar and vanilla together until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute using a hand held mixer. Add in the flax mixture and beat until well combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the gluten free flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until no dry spots remain. Use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scooper to scoop 16 evenly sized cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet. Cover the dough and chill in the freezer for at least an hour or preferably overnight. *This isn't required but for a tastier cookie, don't skip this.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the cookie dough from the freezer and place the cookie dough balls about 1 1/2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake them for 12-14 minutes and the edges begin to brown. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to continue cooling for 15 minutes.