Super easy, gluten free, vegan chocolate granola bursting with coconut, almonds and walnuts for the perfect crunchy snack!
What you need to make this healthy chocolate granola
If you know me well, then you know that I have oats for breakfast every single day! Seriously, I don’t care what form they are in, I just have to have them for breakfast and there’s no way around it.
Usually I just have some overnight oats and sometimes I’ll toss my favorite granola in my oats (yes, oats on oats) for a little extra crunch. Sometimes (like now) I’m confined in my house because of a pandemic and have to make my own granola.
No biggie, homemade granola is just as good as store bought for a fraction of the price, not to mention it’s much healthier!
So here’s what you need to get started…
- rolled oats (gluten free if necessary)
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- Truvia or coconut sugar
- chia seeds
- coconut shreds, unsweetened
- almonds, raw
- walnuts, raw
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- chocolate chips
can’t get enough healthy recipes?
I hear ya! This healthy chocolate granola is quickly becoming one of my favorites and if you like this recipe then you will love some of these recipes.
Here is the complete list of healthy dessert recipes on this site – enjoy!
Subscribe to get the free eBook now!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some homemade granola and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Healthy Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats gluten free
- 1/2 cup unsweened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup Truvia or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 cup raw almonds chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 275F and prepare two pans with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the oats, cocoa powder, Truvia, shredded coconut, almonds, walnuts, chia seeds and salt. In another bowl, stir together the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture out between the two pans in an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, remove the pans and stir and then continue baking for additional 20-35 mintues. The granola will harden as it cools. Once cool, toss in the chocolate chips and serve.
- Store the granola in an air tight container.