Fluffy, moist and baked banana bread donuts coated in cinnamon sugar are perfect for using up those overly ripe bananas. Made vegan with a gluten free option, these donuts will quickly become a favorite.
This post contains affiliate links
HOW TO MAKE BANANA BREAD DONUTS
Sweetened with organic cane sugar and baked, not fried, these donuts are gluten free, dairy free and unbelievably soft. If you love donuts and banana bread as much as me, these banana bread donuts are the perfect hybrid of the two.
I generally make my donuts in a standard size donut pan but I recently purchased this 3-inch Silicone Donut Baking Pan from Amazon and it’s 10x easier to remove the donuts than the traditional metal pan. I still use a non-stick spray when I’m making donuts but oh-my-gosh, it’s just so much easier.
Once you have your donut molds prepared with non-stick spray, stir together all your wet donut ingredients (including the sugar). In another bowl, stir together the dry ingredients and then add the two together to from a batter. Distribute the batter between the donut molds and bake!
So simple, right?
Once your donuts are cooled and ready, coat them in melted butter and then toss in the cinnamon sugar topping. Enjoy!
Can’t get enough donut recipes? I hear ya! Check out some of my favorite recipes on the blog:
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some cinnamon sugar vegan banana bread donuts and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
The best and fluffiest banana bread donuts
- 3-inch donut mold silicone pan
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- ⅓ cup organic cane sugar
- ¾ cup almond milk or plant milk at room temperature
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp white distilled vinegar
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose or all purpose gluten free baking flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
cinnamon sugar coating
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare two 3-inch silicone donut pans with non-stick spray and set them aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, sugar, milk, melted coconut oil, vanilla and vinegar until smooth. In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until the batter comes together and no clumps remain.
- Fill 10 donut molds with the batter using a cookie scooper or placing the batter into a large plastic zip bag and cutting the corner to create a piping bag. Bake the donuts for 24-26 minutes and a toothpick comes out clean. Baking time will vary per oven.
- Let the donuts cool completely. In a bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon. Brush each donut with melted butter and toss in cinnamon sugar.