Baked small batch chocolate donuts topped with sweet glaze and made entirely gluten free and dairy free! Whip up these baked chocolate donuts in just 25 minutes using just a few simple ingredients next time you get that donut craving.
Let’s talk texture: small batch chocolate donuts
These baked donuts are so dense and decadent, I couldn’t believe what I was eating when I first tried them. I want to say they fall somewhere between a cake texture and a brownie texture.
Not quite airy enough to say it’s cakey and definitely not as fudgy as a brownie but a perfect balance of both.
The best part about these donuts are that they are made with minimal ingredients! YAY!
- How long does it take? 10 minutes of hands on time
- How long will the donuts stay good for? I recommend enjoying these donuts within 1-2 days of baking. YAY for a small batch!
- Can I use coconut sugar instead of white cane sugar? Absolutely!
I’m a huge fan of baking smaller batches of desserts so I know that nothing gets wasted. If you are like me (and don’t have an army to feed) than you are going to love some of these small batch recipes below!
Small Batch Cookie Bars (In one bowl!)
Single Serve Cookies Vegan (4 flavors!)
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a donut or two and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Small Batch Chocolate Donuts
- 1/4 cup all purpose gluten free flour I used Outrageous Baking
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp dairy free yogurt
- 1 tbsp dairy free butter melted or oil
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp almond milk more if needed
- all the chocolate sprinkles gluten free
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and prepare a donut pan or silcone donut mold with non-stick spray (be generous if using a pan).
- Place all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir until combined. Add in all of the wet ingredients and stir just until the batter comes together. It will be thick! Transfer the batter to a piping bag or plastic zip bag and cut the corner to create your own piping bag and fill 3 donut molds. Bake the donuts for 9-10 minutes. Let cool.
- Stir together the glaze, add more almond milk if needed. Dip each donut in the glaze and top with sprinkles!