The most delicious gluten free vegan peanut butter oatmeal cookies bursting with chocolate chips and walnuts. These perfect little cookies are chewy in the center with crispy edges, and have all the best flavors and textures.
Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Another oatmeal cookie to add to your cookie recipe collection! I’m a bit obsessed with oatmeal cookies (my favorite growing up).
Some of my favorites are Thin and Crispy Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies, Flourless Healthy Oatmeal Cookies, Almond Flour Cookies Loaded with Chocolate and Rolled Oats, and of course Vegan oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches.
These vegan peanut butter oatmeal cookies are so so easy to make:
- In a small bowl, stir together your flax meal and water to create a flax egg.
- Whip your vegan butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides as needed. Add in the flax egg and mix until well blended.
- Add in your peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until a dough forms. Fold in your chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Scoop cookie dough balls and place them on baking sheet.
- Bake and enjoy!
Can’t get enough gluten free vegan recipes? I hear ya! Check out some of my favorite recipes on the blog:
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some chunky vegan peanut butter oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips and walnuts and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Gluten Free Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 3 tbsp water
- ½ cup vegan butter soft
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- ⅓ cup organic brown sugar packed
- ½ cup peanut butter natural
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all purpose gluten free flour 1:1
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 1 ¼ rolled oats gluten free
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips vegan
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper and then set them aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flax meal and water to make your flax egg and then set it aside to gel. Meanwhile, place the soft vegan butter and sugars into a bowl of a stand alone mixer and beat for on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stop and scrape the sides as needed. While the mixer is on low-medium speed, add in the flax mixture. Stop to scrape the sides and then contineu to mix until combined. Add in the peanut butter and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In a bowl, whisk together the gluten free baking flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and then add to the mixer and mix until combined and no dry spots remain. Add in the oatmeal and mix until a dough comes together and then add in the chocolate chips and walnuts and mix until evenly distributed.
- Use a cookie scooper to make 16 evenly sized balls and place them on the baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies for 14-16 minutes and the edges are golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to continue cooling.