These no bake, healthy peanut butter bars are covered in decadent chocolate and finished with flaky sea salt for the best vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free dessert. Made using just a few ingredients you can easily find in your pantry–perfect when that peanut butter chocolate craving hits.
What makes these healthy peanut butter bars so amazing?
This healthy peanut butter bar recipe is the kind of content that my blog was built on. Besides the obvious factor that my blog is named peanut butter plus chocolate, when I first started baking, these were the kind of simple recipes I loved the most because they were just that: simple.
This no fail recipe is perfect for everyone because:
- it’s extremely customizable. Swap your favorite nut butter for the peanut butter or your favorite sticky sweetener for the maple.
- no oven required.
- it’s gluten free, dairy free, vegan and refined sugar free. YAY!
Can you use any nut butter?
Yes, you can use any nut butter that your heart desires as long as it’s a natural nut butter, you know, the drippy kind. I haven’t tried this recipe is non-natural nut butters like Jif, although, I have a feeling it will out just fine.
p.s. cashew butter in this recipe is a must try!
Does this recipe need to be refrigerated?
Yes, to keep the shape, I recommend keeping these bars covered in an airtight container and chilled in the refrigerator.
If you are loving this simple no bake recipe as much as I am (and I hope you are) than you are going to love this list of delicious easy-to-make dessert recipes that I have on the blog.
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some healthy peanut butter bars and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Healthy Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 1/2 cup natural peanut butter or nut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or syrup sweetener (agave, honey, etc.)
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1 cup chocolate chips I used Hu Kitchen (refined sugar free)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- flaky sea salt for topping optional
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper going both ways.
- In a mixing bowl, use a rubber spatula to mix together the peanut butter, syrup, coconut flour and ground flax meal untill well blended. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil into heat proof bowl and melt using a microwave (15 second increments, stirring between each until smooth) or a double boiler.
- Pour the chocolate over the peanut butter layer and smooth it out in an even layer. Chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into bars. For smooth and perfect edges, let the knife sit in hot water for 1 minute, wipe it dry and then slowly cut the bars so the knife melts the chocolate as it cuts. Serve!