Super delicious and easy to make Vegan Nutella Cookies is chocolate hazelnut lover’s dream. Nutella swirled chocolate chip cookies makes the perfect vegan chocolate treat that’s gluten free, dairy free, egg free and vegan.
Why are these vegan Nutella cookies so delicious?
I know I’m not the only one who could eat Nutella by the spoonful, right?
There really is nothing more classic than a chocolate chip cookie and nothing I love more than a spoonful of Nutella so obviously I had to combine the two. By swirling the vegan hazelnut spread in with the cookie dough I was able to make the perfect classic cookie with a twist. Voila!
Can’t get enough chocolate hazelnut desserts? I hear ya! Check out some more of my hazelnut recipes on the blog:
Healthy Double Chocolate Hazelnut Blossoms
Chocolate Dipped Hazelnut Biscotti
Paleo Brownies with Chocolate Hazelnut Swirl
they are easier to make than you think
My vegan chocolate hazelnut version of my classic giant chocolate chip cookies takes just 40 minutes to make from start to finish and will stay fresh covered at room temperature for 2 days or freeze for 3 months.
My secret to the perfectly chocolatey swirls is to fold in the Nutella instead of directly mixing it in with the dough. That means you’re getting two types of cookies in one. Trust me, it’s incredible
I can’t wait for you to try these for yourself and would love for you to share the final results with me!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some vegan Nutella cookies and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Vegan Nutella Swirl Cookies
- 1 tbsp ground flax meal
- 3 tbsp filtered water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose flour or gluten free all purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 2 tbsp corn starch or tapioca flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips chopped or vegan chocolate
- 1/3 cup vegan hazelnut spread
- Preheat to 350 F and prepare two baking sheets with pachmnet paper.
- In a bowl, stir together the flax meal and water and then set it aside to gel, about five minutes. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter using a handheld mixer until light and fluffy and then add in the brown sugar and granulated sugar and continue beating until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add in the flax mixture and vanilla and stir until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and baking powder and then add half of it to the butter mixture and mix until combined. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms and no dry spots remain, about 30 seconds. Add in the chocolate chips and mix until combined and evenly distributed. Then drop in spoonfulls of chocolate hazelnut spread on top of dough and barely mix in (I mixed in for about 3 seconds. The idea isn't to completley distribute the chocolate hazelnut spread but to mix it enough for the spread to be swirled in.)
- Use a 1 1/2 inch cook scoop to drop 14 evenly sized cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes and the edges start to golden.Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before carefully transferring them to a cooling rack to continue cooling.