Crispy edges, super soft and buttery centers, these cookies are bursting with sprinkles. There is always a reason to celebrate and just wanting vegan birthday cake cookies is reason enough for me! Made gluten free, dairy free, egg free and vegan!
Last week I made four different giant vegan single serve cookies and they quickly made their way to the most visited post on my blog–in one week!!! I had no idea you guys would be so into them so thank you for all the support.
I got a few direct messages on Instagram asking for large batch recipes for these four cookies so the first one I decided to work on were these giant vegan birthday cake cookies.
The good news: I already have a FULL batch of my Vegan Chocolate Chunk Cookie. YAY!
What’s In These Vegan Birthday Cake Cookies
These cookies are super easy to make and they come together rather quickly. The best part about these them (besides the fact that they are delicious) is that they are made without eggs or dairy! Can you believe it?
So here’s what you need to make these funfetti cookies for yourself…
- ground flax meal (this will act as your egg to bind the cookies together)
- vegan butter, softened
- organic cane sugar
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour or gluten free all purpose baking flour
- finely ground sea salt
- baking powder
- baking soda
- vegan sprinkles
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some vegan birthday cake cookies and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Vegan Birthday Cake Cookies
- stand alone mixer or hand-held mixer
- 1 tbsp ground flax meal
- 3 tbsp water
- ½ cup vegan butter room temperature
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour or gluten free all purpose baking flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt finely ground
- 3 tbsp vegan sprinkles multi-colored
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the flax meal and water into a bowl, stir and then set it aside to gel for about 5 minutes.
- Use a stand alone mixer and paddle attachment to beat the butter and sugar together until creamy and smooth, about 2 minutes. Add in the flax mixture and beat until well combined and then mix in the vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sprinkles. Add the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl on low speed until the dough comes together.
- Use a 1 ½ inch cookie scooper to make about 14 cookie dough balls and place them on the baking sheet about 3 inches from each other. Sprinkle the tops with sugar if desired and then bake the cookies for 14-16 minutes and edges just start to brown. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cool rack to continue cooling.