Crisp edges, super soft rich and buttery centers and bursting with sprinkles. These vegan birthday cake cookies are the best sugar cookies you will ever have.
Single Serve Vegan Cookies
Last week I made four different giant vegan single serve cookies and they quickly made their way to the most visited post on my blog–in one week!!! I had no idea you guys would be so into them so thank you for all the support.
I got a few direct messages on Instagram asking for large batch recipes for these four cookies so the first one I decided to work on were these giant vegan birthday cake cookies.
The good news: I already have a FULL batch of my Vegan Chocolate Chunk Cookie. YAY!
What’s in these vegan birthday cake cookies
These cookies are super easy to make and comes together rather quickly. The best part about these cookies (besides the fact that they are delicious) is that they are made without eggs and using vegan butter!
So here’s what you need to make these sugar cookies…
- ground flax meal (or ground chia seeds)
- vegan butter
- cane sugar (I used organic Florida Crystals)
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour or gluten free all purpose baking flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a vegan birthday cake cookies and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Vegan Birthday Cake Cookies
- 1 tbsp ground flax meal
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup cane sugar I used oraganic cane sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour or gluten free all purpose baking flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 3 tbsp vegan sprinkles multicolored
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the flax meal and water into a bowl, stir and then set it aside to gel for about 5 minutes.
- Use a hand held mixer to beat the butter and sugar together until creamy and smooth and then beat in the vanilla extract. Add the flax mixture to the bowl and continue mixing until well combined. Be sure to stop and scrape the bowl as needed.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sprinkles and then add it to the butter/sugar mixture, mixing until a dough forms. Use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scooper to make about 10 heaping cookie dough balls and place them on the baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Sprinkle the tops with sugar if desired and then bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes and edges just start to brown. The centers will still look undone and that's noramal, they will set as they cool. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack until cooled completely.