Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe – crispy edges and chewy centers surrounded by puddles of gooey dark chocolate and finished with a sprinkled of flaked sea salt.
I mean, is there anything better!?
what chocolate is used in this giant chocolate chip cookie recipe?
These cookies were made using the new flavors of Endangered Species Chocolate–peanut butter caramel and puffed rice crunch. Endangered Species Chocolate–a premium, non-GMO, fairtrade chocolate company. Endangered Species Chocolate has given back $1.7 million to support conservation efforts for endangered species.
I made these cookies as vegan as I could but the peanut butter caramel chocolate bars do contain some milk fat so be sure to check your chocolate ingredients if you are looking for a strict vegan recipe.
can’t get enough healthy dessert recipes?
I hear ya! check out the most popular healthy recipes on the blog! Here are few of my favorites:
Here is the complete list of healthy dessert recipes on this site – enjoy!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a cookie or two and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Giant Vegan Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 tbsp ground flax meal
- 3 tbsp filtered water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 packages (6oz) ESC Chocolate chopped
- flaked sea salt
- Be sure your oven rack is centered in the oven, preheat to 350 F and prepare two baking sheets with pachmnet paper.
- In a bowl, stir together the flax meal and water and then set it aside to gel, about five minutes. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter using a handheld mixer until light and fluffy and then add in the brown sugar and granulated sugar and continue beating until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add in the flax mixture and stir until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and baking powder and then add half of it to the butter mixture and mix until combined. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms and no dry spots remain, about 30 seconds. Add in the chopped chocolate bar pieces and mix until combined and evenly distributed.
- Separate the dough into 10 evenly 3-inch balls. Place the balls on the baking sheet about 2-3 inches apart. I put 5 on each baking sheet. Bake the cookies for 8 minutes and then remove them from the oven and raise your center rack a few inches. Tap the cookie sheets against the counter a couple of times and then return them to the oven. Bake for 2 minutes, remove and tap the baking sheets on the counter again to de-flate the cookies and spread the chocolate. Continue baking for additional 3-4 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before carefully transferring them to a cooling rack to continue cooling. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt before serving.
want my free guide to Instagram growth?
Learn how to grow a following on Instagram to drive business results:
- Optimizing your Profile Page
- Creating captivating visual content
- What, when, and how often to post
- Using hashtags effectively
- Running promos and giveaways
- Sharing audiences and partnering with brands
- Running Instagram Ads
- Using analytics to measure and adjust your plan
Subscribe to get the free eBook now!