Perfectly soft whole wheat Vegan Raspberry Muffins are easily becoming one of my favorite recipes and not just because they take 30 minutes to make from start to finish but also they are made in just one bowl!
Easy Vegan Raspberry Muffins
These whole wheat vegan raspberry muffins are so delicious!
They win all the categories: fluffy and moist; crunchy muffin top; easy to make; only one bowl needed for prep; ingredient list is short; and recipe makes a small batch.
Muffins are one of my favorite recipes to make. I love how quickly they come together and as you can probably tell, I really love to bake them. I’m always thinking about the time I made small batch lemon poppy muffins, or that time I made the softest healthy pumpkin muffins and of course I can’t forget my all time favorite blueberry muffin for one.
Can we chat about muffin tops for minute?
I think we can all agree that the best part of a muffin is the top and that it should never go without a topping. Am I right?
To keep it simple, I topped these vegan raspberry muffins with large sugar crystals (or turbinado sugar) but if I’m being honest, I would be just as happy with some glaze or streusel on top.
Shhh…Do you hear that? The muffins are calling to you: bake me!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a vegan raspberry muffin and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Whole Wheat Vegan Raspberry Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch finely ground sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk or non dairy milk of choice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest form half a lemon
- 1 cup raspberries
- turbinado sugar for topping or any larger granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and prepare a muffin pan with 6 liners. In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add in the milk, applesauce, coconut oil, vanila, jucie and zest and stil just until combined. It's okay if there's a couple streaks of dry spots. Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Use a cookie scooper to drop 2-3 scoops of batter into each liner. They will be full and that's good for the muffin top! Top each one with turbinatdo sugar.
- Bake them for 20-23 minutes and the tops are golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Made these today with a few modifications due to diet restrictions! I used oat flour (1.5c), used maple syrup instead of cane sugar, ommittes the lemon and added 1/5c shredded coconut. Delicious recipe!
Oh wow! That sounds amazing! I’ll have to try your version. thanks for sharing <3
Can I sub olive oil for the coconut oil, or will that change the texture?
I haven’t tried it but I think it should work out just fine 🙂 Let me know how it goes
[…] all time favorite Toasted Coconut Date Bars. And if these still don’t do the trick, my Healthy Magic Bars definitely […]
Thankyou! All fixed:)
[…] Whole What Vegan Raspberry Muffins […]