Super easy and delicious no bake toasted coconut date bars dipped in chocolate and made with minimal ingredients. Gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free for the perfect treat.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Edward & Sons to bring you these delicious toasted coconut date bars and as always all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate Possible.
What do you need to make these toasted coconut date bars?
So glad you asked because holy cow you guys, these delicious gluten free and vegan toasted coconut date bars are so much easier to make than you think with just five ingredients, you will be eating one in no time!
These bars are naturally sweetened with dates and shredded coconut and then dipped in decadent vegan dark chocolate.
So here’s what you need to make yourself some of these gluten free vegan coconut date bars.
Edward and Sons is one of my favorites in the kitchen and I’ve found that their coconut milk is the best to create a delicious cream for any baking and their coconut flakes add the perfect crunch and texture to cereals, bars and smoothies!
Let’s Do Organic Toasted Coconut Flakes, the rich, white meat of fresh organic coconuts is manually separated from their shells and sliced into tender flakes. Slow roasting gives them a warm glow and toasty taste. This product is 100% organic coconut flakes with nothing else added — no sweeteners, preservatives, whiteners, or sulfites.
can’t get enough gluten free recipes?
I hear ya! check out the most popular gluten free recipes on the blog! Here are a few of my favorites (all using Edward and Sons Products):
Here is the complete list of healthy dessert recipes on this site – enjoy!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some toasted coconut date bars and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Toasted Coconut Date Bars
- 1 1/4 cup medjool dates, packed and pitted
- 2 cups Let's Do Organic Unsweetened Toasted Coconut Flakes more for topping
- 1/4 cup almond butter natural
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Place the dates into a food processor and blend until a ball starts to form. Turn off the processor and separate the date ball with your hands into smaller pieces. Add in the coconut and almond butter and then continue blending until combined. Try not to over blend or you will release some of the oils in the almond butter.
- Prepare a 6×6 inch pan with parchment paper and press the mixture evenly into the bottom. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a microwave safe bowl, cooking in 15 second increments and stirring between each until smooth.
- Cut the mixture into bars (6) and dip the bottom half into the chocolate. Place the chocolate dipped bar onto a tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat until you have dipped each bar. Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the top of the bars and coconut flakes. Chill until the chocolate is solid and then serve. *Store the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.