Perfectly toasted homemade marshmallows baked to golden perfection in the oven topped with chocolate and sandwiched between two graham crackers. Oven baked s’mores are a great treat on a rainy day. No fire pit, no problem!
This post is sponsored in partnership with Jojo’s Chocolate and as always, all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that make Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate possible.
Jojo’s Chocolate Bark
I am so excited to be partnering with Jojo’s to bring you these delicious oven baked s’mores because I’m absolutely obsessed with their incredible chocolate bark, particularly their peanut butter delight bars–for obvious reasons. 😉
Jojo’s Chocolate Bark is not only addictive and delicious but totally guilt free and when combined with layers of graham cracker and homemade marshmallow it makes the ultimate summer treat!
Oven Baked S’mores
So here’s what you need to make these oven baked s’mores for yourself!
- Jojo’s Peanut Butter Delight Bars (although all their flavors would be delicious. You can check out all their flavors here).
- homemade marshmallows
- gluten free graham crackers
No fire pit necessary because I made these right in my kitchen using the broiler setting on my oven–a perfect marshmallow toast every time and so convent for parties, movie nights or rainy days!
If you love this recipe, you will love some of these chocolate recipes on the blog.
- Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chia Seed Granola
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies with Strawberry Frosting
Here’s the complete list of chocolate recipes on the blog. Enjoy!
If you are still reading this, you definitely deserve some oven baked s’mores and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag me @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment with suggestions with the recipe you would like to read next after the recipe card at the bottom.
I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Oven Baked S’mores
for the marshmallow
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 3.5 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- pinch salt
for the s'mores
- 8 gluten free graham crackers halved
- 4 Jojo's Peanut Butter Delight Chocolate Bars halved
- First start by preparing your homemade marshmallow. You will need at least 6 hours in advance for this. I like to make it the night before I plan to use it.
- Prepare a 5×8 inch baking sheet (or similar size loaf pan) with non-stick spray and parchment paper for easy removal. Be sure the parchment covers all sides (so it’s just slightly bigger than the sheet). Dust the parchment paper with tapioca flour and be super generous!
- In the bowl of a stand alone mixer with a whisk attachment OR in a large glass mixing bowl if you're using a handheld mixer, stir together the gelatin and water. Let sit for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, place the maple syrup into a sauce pan and turn on high heat. Stir until the maple syrup is at a boil. Remove from heat and pour the hot syrup into the bowl with the gelatin mixture. Beat on high until fluffy and glossy, about 3 minutes. The mixture should form stiff peaks after 5-6 minutes. Add in the salt and mix until combined. Transfer to the pan and spread the marshmallow out into an even layer. Let it sit at room temperature for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Once they have set up overnight, dust with the top with tapioca flour and turn it out on a tapioca flour dusted surface. Dip a knife in tapioca flour before cutting into squares.
- Turn your oven to broil and line a pan with half of the graham crackers and top them with marshmallow squares. Cook them on the center rack for 2-3 minutes. Watch them carefully as they can burn quickly. Remove them from the oven once they are golden brown. Top with Jojo's Chocolate and remaining graham crackers. Serve and enjoy!