Soft, chewy and absolutely delicious flourless oatmeal cookies! These healthy oatmeal cookies are made gluten free and dairy free while bursting with chocolate chips and peanut butter.
What you need to make these healthy oatmeal cookies
It’s barely February and this is probably my hundredth cookie recipe this year. Okay, that’s an exaggeration but I keep finding myself wanting cookies–like all the time–so I’ve already created a quite a few cookie recipes.
These cookies are super simple to make and require just a few ingredients. So here’s what you need…
- peanut butter
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- rolled oats
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
- chopped chocolate
can’t get enough gluten free desserts?
I hear ya! These healthy oatmeal cookies are quickly becoming one of my favorites and if you like this recipe than you will love these gluten free dessert recipes:
Here is the complete list of healthy dessert recipes on this site – enjoy!
Subscribe to get the free eBook now!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some healthy oatmeal cookies and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after this dairy free recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Healthy Flourless Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips and chopped chocolate dairy free
- flaked sea salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the peanut butter and brown sugar into the bowl of a stand alone mixer and cream using the paddle attachment. Add in the vanilla extract and egg and continue mixing until smooth. Finally add in the oats, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate.
- Use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scooper to make 14 evenly sized cookie dough balls and place them on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes and the edges are golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for ten minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to continue cooling. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt and serve.