Inside out chocolate cupcakes filled with strawberry frosting and topped with decadent chocolate ganache. These gluten free and dairy free healthy Valentine’s Day cupcakes are made using almond and cassava flour for the most spectacular treat.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Edward and Sons and as always all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate possible.
These cupcakes are made using almond flour and Let’s Do Organic cassava flour making these cupcakes totally gluten free! YAY!
What you need to make these Healthy Valentine’ Day Cupcakes!
I’ve been using Edward and Son’s products for quite a while now and I truly have to say that they make the best gluten free desserts. This was my first time using their Cassava Flour and I’m completely blown away by the texture I was able to create with these cupcakes all while still being grain free.
I didn’t just use their cassava flour but also Native Forest coconut milk to make the chocolate ganache. For this I just used chopped chocolate and warmed coconut milk and the ganache quickly came together.
Here’s everything you need to make these cupcakes…
- almond flour
- Let’s Do Organic cassava flour
- cane sugar or granulated sweetener of choice
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- baking soda
- sea salt
- organic eggs, room temperature
- coconut oil, room temperature
- almond milk, room temperature
- vanilla extract
for the frosting (filling)
- vegan butter, room temperature
- almond milk
- freeze dried strawberries
- organic powdered sugar
for the chocolate
- chopped dark chocolate, dairy free
- Native Forest Coconut Milk
can’t get enough gluten free desserts?
I hear ya! Who knew that gluten free desserts could be so much fun? If you love this recipe than you will love these gluten free dessert recipes:
Vegan and Gluten Free Cashew Butter Cookies
Triple Chocolate Gluten Free and Dairy Free Cupcakes
Gluten Free and Dairy Free Raspberry Pop Tarts
Here is the complete list of healthy dessert recipes on this site – enjoy!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some healthy Valentine’s Day cupcakes and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Healthy Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup Let's Do Organic Cassava Flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar or granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk or plant based milk room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 3/4 cup powdered freeze dried strawberries freeze dried strawberries blended up
- 4 oz chopped dark chocolate dairy free
- 1/2 cup Native Forest Coconut Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a cupcake pan with 12 liners and set it aside.Place the flours, sugar, cocoa power, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl and stir until combined and then it set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand alone mixer (or a large mixing bowl), beat the eggs, coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla until combined. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until a batter forms. Distribute the batter between the cupcake liners and bake the cupcakes for 19-22 minutes and toothpick comes out clean. Don't overbake them or they will end up dry.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, place the vegan butter into a mixing bowl and use a handheld mixer to beat the butter for 1 minute and fluffy. Add in the powdered sugar and milk and then beat until combined. Add in the powdered freeze dried strawberries and continue mixing until well blended. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag.
- Use a knife to cut a hole from the top of the cupcake at an angle so the piece you cut is the shape of a cone. Cut the tip off of the cone peice and fill the hole with frosting. Place the cupcake piece back on top of the frosting. Repeat this process with all of the cupcakes.
- Place the chopped chocolate into a heat proof bowl and set it aside. Place the coconut milk into a small pot over medium-high heat. Bring the milk to a boil and then pour it over the chocolate. Let it stand for 5 minutes before stirring the chocolate and milk together until smooth. Let the chocolate ganache cool for 5 minutes. Dip each cupcake in the chocolate. Let them cool for 5 minutes and then dip them again. Top the cupcakes with sprinkles or sliced strawberries.
Subscribe to get the free eBook now!
[…] Servings: 12 […]