One bowl, easy to make vegan lemon muffins bursting with poppy seeds and drizzled with sweet glaze. Enjoy these perfectly soft muffins in the morning for breakfast or a quick snack in the afternoon with a cup coffee or tea.
Easy Vegan Lemon Muffins in One Bowl
These whole wheat vegan lemon muffins are quickly becoming one of my favorite muffin recipes.
They win all the categories: fluffy and moist; crunchy muffin top; easy to make; only one bowl needed for prep; ingredient list is short; and recipe makes a small batch.
If you love muffins as much as I do, you are going to love my softest healthy pumpkin muffins and of course I can’t forget my all time favorite blueberry muffin for one. And if these still don’t do the trick, my vegan raspberry muffins definitely will.
If you have been around for a while then you know that I’m a lemon girl and adore all things citrus which is why I’ve been dying to share these lemon poppy seed muffins with you.
The top of the muffin is no doubt the best part of it so I’m spilling my tip to get the perfect muffin top.
My secret to make the best vegan muffin tops is all about temperature. I like to bake my muffins at a higher temperature (usually between 400-425F) to get that perfectly crispy muffin top!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a vegan lemon muffin and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Whole Wheat Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or an all purpose gluten free baking flour
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch finely ground sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk or non dairy milk of choice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest form half a lemon
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and prepare a muffin pan with 6 liners. In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, poppy seeds and salt. Add in the milk, applesauce, coconut oil, vanila, jucie and zest and stir just until combined. It's okay if there's a couple streaks of dry spots.
- Use a cookie scooper to drop 2-3 scoops of batter into each liner. For larger muffin tops, only distribute the batter between 5 muffin liners.
- Bake them for 20-23 minutes and the tops are golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before stirring together the glaze and drizzling over the muffins. Enjoy.