Thin and crispy gluten free oatmeal cookies filled with chocolate and sprinkled with flaked sea salt. This oatmeal cookie recipe is not just a gluten free recipe but also made vegan.
These cookies are the best gluten free oatmeal cookies I’ve ever made. Perfectly crispy edges and soft and chewy centers–you are not going to be able to stop eatings these amazing gluten free vegan cookies.
I have a hard time finding options that are gluten free near me so I make my own gluten free dessert!
what you need to make these gluten free oatmeal cookies
You guys, these cookies are so unbelievably delicious–I can’t get enough.
And can you believe that they are a completely gluten free dessert?
Okay, so here’s what you need to make this thin and crispy gluten free cookie recipe…
- ground golden flax meal
- vegan butter
- brown sugar
- cane sugar
- vanilla extract
- gluten free all purpose baking flour
- gluten free rolled oats
- baking soda
- chopped nuts (I used a mix of macadamia nut and walnuts)
- vegan chocolate chips
- flaked sea salt
can’t get enough gluten free desserts?
I hear ya! check out the most popular gluten free desserts on the blog! Here are few of my favorites:
Here is the complete list of gluten free desserts on the blog.
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some gluten free oatmeal cookies and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Thin and Crispy Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats gluten free
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used half macadamia and half walnuts)
- 1 cup vegan mini chocolate chips separated
- flaked sea salt for topping
- Prepare two baking trays with parchment paper and then set them aside. In a small bowl, stir together the flax meal and water and then let it gel for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, use a handheld mixer to beat the butter, brown sugar, cane sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Add in the flax/water mix and continue to beat the mixture until well combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, rolled oats, baking soda, salt, chopped nuts and 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until a dough forms. Chill the dough 10 minutes in the freezer to firm up a bit. Preheat the oven to 350 F and use a cookie scooper to make 10 evenly sized cookie dough balls and place them on the baking sheet about 2-3 inches apart. Press the balls down halfway and bake them for 11-12 minutes and the edges are golden brown. Let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack to continue cooling for additional 10-15 minutes.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave safe bowl in 15 second increments, stirring between each until smooth. Transfer the melted chocolate to a piping bag or plastic zip bag and cut the corner. Drizzle chocolate over each cookie. Finish with flaked sea salt. Chill the cookies in the freezer for 5 minutes or until the chocolate is solid before serving.
Subscribe to get the free eBook now!