The most delicious and fluffy gluten free carrot cake donuts frosted and topped with walnuts for a perfect Spring treat. Sweetened with honey and baked, not fried, these donuts are gluten free, dairy free and unbelievably soft.
Carrot cake is seriously one of the most underrated desserts and I don’t get the chance to make it enough. The best thing about these donuts besides the fact that there’s no frying required is that they are so easy to make!
Here’s the steps involved:
- Mix all your dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag or plastic zip bag and fill 6 donuts molds.
- Bake your donuts.
- Once the donuts are cooled, whisk together the glaze and dip each donut.
- Top with crushed walnuts and enjoy!
Can’t get enough gluten free donut recipes? I hear ya! Check out some of my favorite recipes on the blog:
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some carrot cake donuts and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Gluten Free Carrot Cake Donuts
- 1 cup gluten free flour (all purpose)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup shredded carrots packed
- 2 tbsp dairy free yogurt
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup walnuts finely chopped
- ⅓ cup organic powdered sugar sifted
- 1-2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- chopped walnuts to top
- Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare a donut pan or silicone donut mold with non-stick spray (be generous if using pan).
- Place all dry ingredients into one mixing bowl and stir until combined. Add in all of th wet ingredients and stir until the batter comes together.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag or ziploc bag and cut the corner to create your own piping bag and fill 6 donut molds. Bake the donuts for 15-18 donuts. Let cool.
- Stir together the glaze, add more almond milk if needed. Dip each donut in the glaze and top with chopped walnuts.