The best ever thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies are infused with espresso and made gluten free, dairy free, and vegan using cashew butter. These easy to make vegan cashew butter cookies are a coffee lover’s dream.
Espresso Vegan Cashew Butter Cookies
This week I had a craving for cookies and a jar cashew butter sitting in my pantry so marrying the two was a no brainer. Espresso cookies quickly became my best idea yet!
I based this recipe off of my original Cashew Butter Cookies Gluten Free Vegan and then added the espresso for a fun twist on this classic peanut free cookie.
These espresso cookies are so so easy to make:
- Whip your vegan butter, sugar and cashew butter together until creamy.
- Add in your flax egg and vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, espresso, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until a dough forms. Fold in your chocolate.
- Scoop cookie dough balls and place them on baking sheet. Freeze for about 1 hour.
- Bake and enjoy!
Can’t get enough gluten free vegan recipes? I hear ya! Check out some of my favorite recipes on the blog:
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some vegan cashew butter cookies with espresso and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Vegan Espresso Cashew Butter Cookies
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup cashew butter natural
- 1/4 cup vegan butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed or coconut sugar for refined sugar free
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose baking flour
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips refined sugar free if necessary
- Stir together the flax meal and water and then set it aside to gel for 5 minutes. In another bowl, beat the cashew butter, vegan butter, brown sugar and vanilla together until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute using a hand held mixer. Add in the flax mixture and continue mixing until combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the gluten free flour, espresso, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until no dry spots remain. Use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scooper to scoop 16 evenly sized cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet. Cover the dough and chill in the freezer for at least an hour or preferably overnight. *This isn't required but for a tastier cookie, don't skip this.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the cookie dough from the freezer and place the cookie dough balls about 1 1/2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake them for 12-14 minutes and the edges begin to brown. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to continue cooling for 15 minutes.