Classic French madeleines with a gluten free twist and swirled with buttery chocolate and vanilla. These chocolate marble Madeleine cookies are a delectable treat and taste like a combination of a cookie and a cake in one dessert and made gluten free and dairy free!
This post is sponsored in partnership with Saco Pantry and as always all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that make Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate possible.
What’s in these chocolate marble madeleines?
Saco Pantry Organic Cocoa is new favorite in my kitchen and the dutch processed cocoa really brought these gluten free chocolate marble Madeleine cookies to a new level of decadent.
Made from the finest fair trade natural cocoa, our Organic Cocoa provides the ultimate rich chocolate flavor and color for all baking needs and it’s 100% organic cocoa for superior taste.
Here’s what you need to make these gluten free cookies for yourself…
- cane sugar
- vanilla paste or extract
- gluten free baking flour
- tapioca flour
- baking powder
- melted vegan butter
- Saco Pantry Organic Cocoa Powder
- powdered sugar
- almond milk
can’t get enough healthy recipes?
I hear ya! These gluten free chocolate marble madeleines are quickly becoming one of my favorites and if you like this recipe then you will love some of these gluten free recipes.
Here is the complete list of healthy dessert recipes on this site – enjoy!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some homemade granola and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you may have.
Gluten Free Marble Madeleines
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cane sugar or Truvia for a lightened up version
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 3/4 cup gluten free baking flour 1:1
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter melted and slightly cooled
for the chocolate swirl
- 3 tbsp Saco Pantry Organic Cocoa
- 2 tbsp vegan butter melted
for the glaze (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a standard size madeleine pan with non-stick spray. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and the sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes using a handheld mixer and then mix in the vanilla bean paste (or extract).
- In another bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, while stirring, slowly add in the melted butter until your batter comes together.
- Separate half of the batter into a new bowl and then add in the chocolate swirl ingredients and whisk until smooth. Use a spoon to drop dollops of the both batters into the cavities of the madeleine pan until filled. Use a toothpick or knife to swirl the batters together (the chocolate one will be slightly thicker and that's okay). Bake the madeleines for 10-12 minutes or a toothpick when inserted into the center of a madeleines, comes out clean. Let them cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing. Repeat with the remaining batter. This recipe makes approximately 24 madeleines.
- Once the madeleines have cooled, stir together the glaze ingredients until smooth and dip each one into the glaze and then place them on a wire rack for the glaze to set, about 15 minutes.