This homemade Classic Vegan Pumpkin Pie recipe is the easiest pie recipe you’ll make this Holiday season. Packed with spices and wrapped up in a flaky gluten-free crust, this easy vegan pumpkin pie will quickly become a family favorite that everyone can enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE EASY VEGAN PUMPKIN PIE
Use a store bought pie crust or make your gluten-free version, either way, this pie is simple and fool proof!
- Place your crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse until crumbles form. Turn out the crumbles onto a flour dusted work surface and shape into a disc. Chill for 30 minutes before rolling out your dough and transferring it to the pie dish.
- Blend together your pumpkin pie filling ingredients.
- Fill pie crust and bake!
That’s it! So easy, right?
Where can I buy vegan sweetened condensed milk? Most healthy food stores like Sprouts and Whole Foods, sell a coconut coconut condensed milk.
Are pumpkin pies vegan? Traditionally pumpkin pie isn’t vegan. Luckily, I have you covered here!
SHARING ALL MY FAVORITE FALL RECIPES!
I think it’s safe to say that Fall is a popular time of year–the weather is cool but not cold, the leaves are changing colors and everything is pumpkin spiced flavored! What’s not to love?
If you love this classic Fall dish, you will love some of these Fall inspired recipes:
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some easy vegan pumpkin pie and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- 9-inch pie pan
- food processor
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free all purpose flour or all purpose flour if not gluten-free
- ½ cup chopped vegan butter cold
- 1 tbsp organic cane sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2-4 tbsp water
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 7 oz vegan sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup tapioca flour (starch)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- almond milk for egg wash
- To make the crust, in a food processor, pulse together the flour, and salt until combined. Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Slowly add in a 2 tablespoons of cold water, pulse 2 or 3 times. The dough should hold together when squeezed with your fingers but should not be sticky. If it is crumbly, add more water 1 tbsp. at a time, pulsing twice after each addition.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and shape each into a disk. Cover in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Lightly flour work surface with parchment paper, top of dough and rolling pin. Then use rolling pin to roll out dough to a 12-inch circle (about 1/8-inch thick). Gently transfer the dough to the pie dish and press it in. Fold over the over hang. Chill pie crust while you prepare the filling.
- To make the filling, place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and use a handheld mixer to incorporate. You could also use a stand alone mixer, blender or food processor. Transfer the filling to the chilled pie crust. Brush the crust edges with almond milk and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 F° for 45-55 minutes and the center is firm.
- Remove from oven and cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve.