This rich, moist, and delicious healthy lemon olive oil cake is topped with luscious coconut whipped cream frosting. I made this cake gluten free using a combination of almond flour and gluten free baking flour. This cake is made dairy free by using an almond based yogurt and coconut cream
Here’s what you need to make this healthy lemon olive oil cake
If you are looking for a perfect weekend treat, look no further because this super moist lemon olive oil cake is light, airy and completely delicious! This cake together quickly using the ingredients listed below.
- gluten free baking flour (be sure the ingredients lists xanthan gum)
- almond flour
- granulated sweetener (I used Truvia)
- olive oil
- almond milk
- almond based dairy free yogurt
- lemon juice and zest
- salt, baking soda, baking powder
- vanilla extract
For the frosting I quickly whipped together these ingredients:
- coconut cream (or full fat coconut milk)
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar (for a less sugar version, use powdered erythritol)
If you love this healthy lemon olive oil cake, you will also love these popular recipes on the blog
- Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters A decadent and delicious three ingredient treat that’s refined sugar-free, gluten-free and vegan! These dark chocolate almond clusters are made using whole raw almonds, Lily’s Sugar-Free Chocolate and flaked sea salt for a quick last minute Holiday gift or treat!
- Death By Chocolate Cookies Death by chocolate brownie cookies are not for the faint of heart. Do you put chocolate on your chocolate? Then these extremely decadent, soft AF double chocolate brownie cookies are perfect for you! A chocolate lovers dream!
- Paleo Chocolate Mousse Rich and delicious paleo chocolate mousse topped with a beautiful toasted meringue. This decadent recipe is easy to whip up and made paleo, gluten free, sugar free and low carb–it’s bound to satisfy all chocolate cravings!
Healthy Lemon Olive Oil Cake | Gluten Free and Dairy Free
lemon olive oil cake
- 1 cup gluten free baking flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener (I used Truvia)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs large
- 1/2 cup almond based dairy free yogurt (I used vanilla flavored)
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can coconut cream (2 cans full fat coconut milk) chilled for at least 2 days
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar or powdered erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
for the cakes
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare three (6 inch) baking pans with non-stick spray or olive oil as well as parchment paper to cover the bottom of the pans to help with easy removal. *For even and flat cakes, use a cake strip belt
- In a large mixing bowl, add your lemon juice, zest and almond milk, stir and let sit while you mix together your dry ingredients. In another bowl, stir together the gluten free baking flour, almond flour, granulated sweetener, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the yogurt, eggs, vanilla and olive oil to your lemon/milk mixture and whisk until smooth. Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet and mix until no dry spots remain. Distribute the batter between the three cake pans and bake them for 22-25 minutes. Let the cakes cool completely before removing and assembling.
for the frosting
- Chill a mixing bowl in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Once chilled, scrape the thick cream from the coconut cream or coconut milk cans leaving the liquid at the bottom. Whip the creaming using a hand held mixer for 3-5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Add in the vanilla and powdered sugar and continue whipping until incorporated. Chill the whipped cream for 20-30 minutes before decorating cakes.
- Place one layer of the cake on a cake stand. Top with some of the whipped coconut cream frosting and smooth it out in an even layer. Add another cake and repeat until all three cakes are piled on top of each other. Top with more whipped coconut cream frosting and frost the outside of the cake in a fine layer. Decorate with lemon pieces, rosemary and flowers if desired. Chill until ready to serve.