These granola bars are loaded with peanut butter, lightly sweetened with maple syrup and are made vegan and gluten-free. A perfect road trip snack! These vegan granola bars are quick, delicious and sure to be a family favorite.
Another day, another peanut butter recipe. This time in the form of a granola bar. I made these healthy peanut butter granola bars vegan with a twist of banana. I didn’t use freshly ripe bananas though. I used banana chips for a little crunch in my bar and extra pep in my step–I really love banana chips!
I hope you like oats because I had an entire day of baking with rolled oats. I’ve got some pretty delicious [oat] recipes coming at you in the next week so be prepared for dessert for breakfast type of recipes…aka…my favorite kind of recipes. If you love oats as much as I do then you are going to love this chewy oatmeal cookie with orange citrus icing that I made a couple of weeks ago. Get the recipe here.
This vegan granola bar recipe was fairly simple. I used gluten-free rolled oats, banana chips, natural peanut butter, dates, pure maple syrup and dairy-free chocolate chips–that’s it. If you are looking for a simple and tasty treat that’s easy to take on the go, look no further because these bars are just what you are looking for!
Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Chip Vegan Granola Bars
- 2 c rolled oats, gluten-free
- 1 c banana chips + more for topping
- 1/4 dairy-free chocolate chips
- 7 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 c natural peanut butter
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup
- Place the dates, peanut butter and maple syrup into a food processor and pulse until smooth. You may need to stop and scrape the sides as needed.
- Crush banana chips (you can do this by hand or in a food processor) into small pieces and add them to a stand alone mixer along with the oats and chocolate chips. Stir until combined. Add in the peanut butter mixture and mix until well combined. Mixture will be very sticky.
- Press the mixture evenly into a 9x9 inch pan or baking dish lined one way with parchment paper for easy removal and spray with non-stick spray. It helps if you wet your fingertips before pressing the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 F. Let cool before cutting into 12 bars and serving.